Hi Susie, Thank you for your kind reply. I guessed they are very busy and I truly didnt want to be a nuisance to them. Mum already has Attendance Allowance and continues to have this. She went into hospital on November 9th with pneumonia & delirium and at 91 I feared the worst and duly alerted DWP a...
Hi all, I don't know if anyone will remember me, but I was the lass who's Mum was making life a bit difficult back end of last year... I used the contact form on this site just over three weeks ago as I wanted to ask if I am able to re-apply for carers allowance (I notified DWP soon as mother went i...
When my mother was suffering from delirium last autumn, she said a great many very hurtful things to me - and I've tried to bury them & blame the infection etc. But the one thing that has stayed with me, is when she tore me off a strip at 3 am one day for 'letting myself go' and 'had I looked at mys...
It sounds like in her mind she's 'punishing' you for putting her in respite. My mother does this to me - recently I had a really bad cold virus so kept to myself upstairs so she wouldnt catch it as she recently was hospitalised with pneumonia....that evening I got the full sulks and tantrum - worse ...
Bowlingbun,

I will contact Carers UK definitely. Thank you again for your help - i'll move off this thread with apologies xxx
Greta

I did tell the CA promptly when Mother came out of hospital in Dec that I was back caring. I filled in the form online for 'change of circumstances' on Dec 17th. But never heard back. Didn't realise I had to totally reapply after a hospital break of 4/5 weeks?! xx
Hi Jenny! :) Carer and I work well together. She 'clocks off' at 9pm and I take over the night shift though I do sleep too - carer covers 8 am till 10 so I can sleep undisturbed. I also cook all the meals & do all the food shopping plus 'admin - ie ordering prescriptions - arranging nurse visits etc...
Am so sorry to jump in on Rob's post, but it does make for interesting reading and mirrors in some way my own predicament and goes to show what an expensive (both in monetary and health terms) minefield full time caring is... As some of you will know, I have lived with my 91 yr old mother in her hom...
dear H, Oh my lovely - my heart really goes out to you on this. My 'story' regarding my situation with mother who treated me like a 24/7 servant, kept me financially almost penniless (even when I struck out with my own little at home business, she brought that to its knees in weeks) yet had plenty o...
Hi all, Just an update and some advice please? Carer doing very well - absolute life saver for me! Am wondering now if mother's recent delirium has unmasked dementia? Doctor came just after Christmas and Mother could count backwards from 20 & name all months in year backwards so capacity seems to be...