With the benefit of hindsight you would have probably been better off not giving up your job, because now you may be prone to 'bedroom tax'. but your husband could be in rehab for some time - and the staff who work in those units are committed to getting best for both of you, you should be entitled ...
It's been a few days since your last post Hannah - I'm just wondering how you're getting on?xx
dear Pet66, I really feel for you. I think you're going through a bereavement process and you're in the anger stage - which can be long and heartfelt - but you haven't had the actual bereavement yet so it can be difficult for others to understand. You need to talk to someone - you haven't failed or ...
Keep the dogs - ditch the VERY manipulative Auntie!!x
If she insists you pay her back the money -do so - it's not worth it!
Dear bowlingbun - Continuing care is a big anomaly- it's granted for a while and then reviewed - Mum was granted it because she was under palliative care so it was automatic - but because she was getting such good care from me! she didn't die, so now it's reviewed every 3 months or so - the last tim...
It sounds like your Dad has a toxic confusional state - def not a mental illness until it's been treated. I think you need to get onto the authorities, if the person is in the wrong place it can easily get missed Def go higher up. But if you've been given a diagnosis of delirium - I'd be concerned a...
Trust me Mrs. Average - I was never a biddable child! And I'm not a biddable adult! But what I am is an adult child who wants the best for her mum- and Mum wants to stay at home, and I will do the best I can to provide that. In family dynamics it's very often the older children who can't cope with t...
No jenny we don't make allowances because of the way my sister's always been - we make allowances because she's 70! But she's young 70 - and i feel extremely old 56! But she's always been capable. You have to understand the family dynamics. Mum and Dad had over 20 yrs of having children, I have a yo...
I would be knocking on the GP's door. It sounds like your Dad doesn't have capacity to make decisions on his own behalf, so yes you can go over his head, otherwise you'll both end up ill, and he'd end up in care anyway. You can't go on as you are indefinitely, you need to get GP/SS involved - commun...
Dear Pamela, I think this is a really difficult situation for you as even if your Dad goes into care, it could make your Mum more dependant on you and put you under more pressure, and she sounds like a person unwilling to accept outside help. I think you will have to bear this in mind and be watchfu...