Forget the chores!! I think that's a horrible word! Look after yourself. A friend of mine once said 'I come to see you and not inspect the state of your house, I just accept you're a messy maid!' and comments like that help you get stuff in perspective. In my post that went into the ether I said tha...
Dear Pet, this is my second attempt - I wrote a really long reply and it disappeared! Basically I said that maybe the staff were trying to pre-empt a situation with letting hubby ring you, I've been there many times, you try to work out what's best for the person in an attempt to reduce agitation, b...
Hello Jackie, what sort of support are you getting from the Services - if any? How is your life going - what sort of changes are you having to make to cope with his illness? these are all things you need to consider. GP's are important in the first instant. My mum had a terrible one who wouldn't lis...
Just checking on how your husband's review went yesterday., and how you're coping. And also how his meds are going. i have a defence strategy with my mum, when she needs care or is really agitated I go into 'nurse' mode - when she remembers who I am (more importantly who she is) then I become 'daugh...
Alice - you sound like such a lovely person, and I admire you for your attitude. It's true when you say none of us expects to be old. I've always had a problem with the term 'burden' because we don't generally refer to our children as a 'burden' but somehow we've got into that habit with our parents...
I'm not sure about this one - I think your Grandma may have an issue with dependency - what was her relationship like with Grandad? Did she rely one him and is she now looking for someone to take on that role? And is she looking for you to take on that role? She sounds like a dependant person - forg...
Dear Pet and Bowling Bun, Thanks for your replies. As I said I truly wasn't expecting any at all because I feel like such a wuss with not being able to deal with my sister. In a way I've gone for the 'passive/aggressive' stuff with spending Mum's money. A couple of years ago when I said to Sister - ...
I'm not expecting any response to this, but I need somewhere to 'sound off' so I'm sending a message into the ether. Someone up there is giving me brownie points! and I'll probably get to Heaven sooner rather than later! My sister came back from her cruise and paid a visit and brought us fridge magn...
Who's going to be at this review? I'm concerned that you're saying he's got no medical input as it sounds like he needs it. If there's no CPN/psychiatrist involved you should insist upon it - has he never had a referral for one or the other? Medication or proper input could make all the difference t...
Dear Pet, I really feel for you. You haven't mentioned whether you husband is still under a CPN or Psychiatrist and I would have thought he would be getting regular visits during the 'settling in' period which is what he's going through, they're the people who should be sorting out and 'tweeking' th...