[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Shewolf Thank-you for your reply.Yesterday hubby was quite confused at the start of my visit.Nothing too bizzare and he did seem to pick up. There had been quite a serious incident at lunchtime and I'm sure it unsettles patients and staff. I happened to mention the new place he may be going to. H...
Hi Jenny. Thank-you for taking time to read my post on forum. Yes it has given me hope that hubby will greet me in a positive way. He usually does, just the odd times when he doesn't. Every one is entititled to a grumpy day! Easy to say when it's not happening. Am waiting for the answer re funding w...
Hello. I do feel your pain honestly. My darling husband of 48yrs has vascular dementia with other complex needs. I have had support from the admiral nurses so please consider contacting them. As I have been advised several times looking after yourself if very important. Easy to advise but hard to do...
Hi. You sound like a wonderful daughter. Unfortunately whilst my husband has been hospitalised I've discovered that some people do not have visitors. Their family members have lost the will to cope.Very sad. I'm not being judgemental. Each circumstance is different. I do believe all carers deserve r...
Hi. It's lovely to hear from you. We are still waiting for the reply re funding for the nursing home. Hope it's soon. Want to see him settled. Hopefully he will be able to go out eventually. His mobility is quite poor but he does use a zimmer frame. Poss he will go out in a wheelchair. Lunch would b...
It doesn't sound hilarious to me. It sounds very frustrating when all you want to do is give your mom her tea. As dementia patients apparently like sweet things maybe offer jam on toast if it happens again lol. We just want pre dementia person back and that's not going to happen is it. Have you been...
Hello. The visits to hubby of late have been good.Today was difficult. He was rather aggressive. To the nurse and then told me I was making an inverlid of him. I wanted to get a nurse to help him get to the toilet. Afraid I told him he is one. How cruel of me. He was OK afterwards but I left feeling...
Hi Bowlingbun Have checked out a lovely nursing home and it's a short bus journey away. My son in laws will take me when they can. Am waiting for the go ahead re funding. I visit hubby most days. Am hoping that I will have a day or two free sometimes to allow my inner strength to keep up. I do meet ...
Thank-you. I will consider that when hubby is settled. This seems to be about me. May I ask how you are? X
Hi Elaine Thank-you for your kind reply. Am fortunate that I can rely on my family for support. They too are grieving for Dad and Grandad. Our 6 yr old grandson doesn't actually see any one different at the moment, just that Grandad has a poorly arm and gets very tired. It's very refreshing and upli...