[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello Andrew. Wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you. Not going to say much more except that I truly believe everyones emotional pain is unique but very painful to the individual. I hope you will use the forum. It's a release and helpful. Hope you are feeling a little better even if only for sho...
Oh dear. I feel am using the forum far too much. Find it such a help.but maybe I should refrain for some of the time. Wouldn't want to be overtaking even though I want to be there for others as well as get the lovely support have been receiving xx
Yes I often get the strong urge to have him home. My heart wants that but my head tells me it wouldn't be fair to him and impossible for me. I have read several posts about people living with recurpussions of cancer. I do understand some of the feelings and my parents and hubby's parents lost their ...
Hi. To answer your question re going home. My hubby has it is in head sometimes that he's only a fortnight at the nursing home. I don't at the moment say " this is your home now" I think he would despair. I explain that he still needs nursing after his stroke and where he is is a nursing facility. I...
Hello. Everyones pain is unique. I am so sorry you have such difficult times. Am unable to say much to you at the moment but am sending you a big hug. Maybe if you ask your doctor to refer you to some counselling it may help. You may meet others who will befriend you.Just a thought. Rest assured oth...
Thank-you for lovely comments. Today's visit wasn't bad. My daughter and myself took him round the grounds which are very pretty. Ist time he's had fresh air since 7th November. He enjoyed it. Got a little cold even though we put cardi and a blanket.on. Later on he asked when are we going home. That...
Hello Ann. Thank-you. I honestly don't feel I could have hubby home even for cuppa. When he needs the toilet it's very difficult. Also, and this is a very personal opinion, I feel it may be cruel. I would love more than anything to see him in his chair, remote being overtaken by him etc. It's not go...
Maybe you misunderstood my Ist post? My hubby is 71 this year and we have been married for 48years. Apologies if you hadn't misread. He is young for this in my opinion. He was young at heart and had a thirst to learn all of the time. It's a cruel illness but then so are lots of illnesses.
Xx
Hi Jenny . I posted a reply and it didn't go through? 2nd time it's happened. My hubby only went into the nursing home last week. His needs are very complex and unfortunately it won't be possible for sleepovers. The consultant adviced for his sake and mine that he go to nursing home. Not sure about ...
Sad today. Not that I'm ever really happy but try to count blessings. Today's visit was OK. Hubby pleased to see me. Has been tetchy at times with staff. He was talking about how we will get somewhere. Not home I don't think. So had to keep saying he wasn't fit enough yet to go out. When I decided t...