Yes, a very emotive topic. My personal decision, because my poor hubby is in the nursing home, as you know, is due to the fact we had discussed it more than once, and he said not to let them do that to him, as he had witnessed it a few times in his line of work. As BB said, it's a subject that needs...
Visit to hubby yesterday was emotional. He was very confused. Even the care staff noticed. Whether it was just one of those days, or whether its another step down? Who knows. I try to stay strong when am with him. Try to rationalize the situation anyway. Not easy, this long goodbye.
That is my understanding too Henrietta. It's in place for Hubby.Due to his job, he saw what happens many times. Elderly and frail have much less chance of coping with the after effects. Very personal choice, to sign for a loved one isn't it. I told my daughter's, didn't ask, as I know it's what hubb...
Irene
How dreadful for you both.
Sending you hugs. (((())))
Hello Sam My husband is in a nursing home because of strokes and vascular dementia. He hasn't been home with me for 2years now. He is 72 I'm 67 , my daughter's are 48 and 41. I'm explaining this because of the similarities. My husbands Dementia too was a very quick decline. Your head is telling you ...
Well done! How lovely to hear such a positive outcome because of your strength. Good luck with your new job, and I do hope your mother will be able to enjoy her peace for a very long time.
Keep in touch x
Typical case of putting thoughts into your Mother's head for convenience. Disgusting. As BB feels, a solicitor may be the best option? As you have POA, maybe seek the office of guardianships advice. Clearly the so called social worker is abusing his status.
Very sad watching Mrs A. Such articulate men. All had that pained look in their eyes.
Butterfly 68 I don't know if this will help you. If you Google Decision Support Tool for NHS Continuing Healthcare, you will find the scoring requirements. It's lots of reading, but you will have an idea of what is required. It could arm you so you can dispute. I went with more knowledge than was ex...
You have proved to yourself that you must not engage with your mother in any way, whilst she is at her worst. I know it's very hard. Whether this will help, I'm not sure. One of the residents who was in my husband's nursing home had such similar problems, ( although it's a unit for complex needs Dem...