Irene. I absolutely agree with Jenny that you shouldn't have been telephoned like that. Not sure what was achieved except to make you feel even more guilty. You haven't anything to feel guilty about and I do understand they can be empty words when said and you feel wretched. They are not empty words...
Morning All I can see from your posts that jobs around the house shouldn't be a worry.(jakki note I said jobs lol) For the last 2yrs and more the garden and 2 rooms upstairs have been really neglected. Hubby's health problems were kicking in. The garage is very junked up. He wouldn't even discard a ...
Hello. I did wonder if staff were trying to stop agitation. However he didn't sound agitated? He was confabulting about being some where he used to work.I still feel they could have contacted me before hand. The manager is going to make enquiries. As BB adviced I will class it as teething troubles. ...
bowlingbun I cant really see how hubby managed to get to the phone by himself. He struggles on the frame and the staff use a wheel chair for him lots of the time. My guess is he was taken to the office and someone dialled for him? I don't know but would have thought that a code, maybe start with 0 t...
Sorry wrong spelling on your name. I've had a bit of a shock this afternoon. When hubby went into the nursing home I explained amongst lots of things that when he was in the first hospital he, in the delirium made several abusive to calls to me. I absolutely understand that it was his confused state...
Hi. Your post makes me thankful that I've had 46 years with my hubby before the dreaded dementia has started to take him ( must be 2 years ago when it started to rear its head). Obviously we had our ups and downs I try to count my blessings. We've been married for 48years. You take care xx
Hi Jackie The review didn't happen. I misunderstood or the manager wasn't very clear on how he explained? Hubby is having UPS and downs. Early days yet. The quarrel with my daughter is forgotten. It really was very upsetting for us both. She is actually a very good support to me. Both daughters are....
Hello Bowlingbun Hubby is usually in one of the lounges now. The staff prefer it so they can keep check that he's not trying to get up on his own. He forgets he can't. Gets very cross when it because he wants the toilet. He seems happy to stay in a lounge. I do ask if he wants to go to his room. Unf...
Hi suzieq Took your advice re hot choc and earlier night. I have showers. Struggle to get out of the bath these days. However I had a much better sleep. As stated to Elaine I almost feel sense of relief that am not visiting today. Hate to admit that. Lots to do in the house. Not sure if will do it t...
Morning Elaine. How are you today? I've had a better sleep. However the bags under my eyes are still huge! I hate admitting this but it's almost a sense of relief that I'm not visiting today. You are right along with the other lovely supporters on the forum. Shorter but sweeter(?) visits are probabl...