[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I still haven't forgiven the nursing home senior nurse, or the manager, for refusing to have some simple training which was offered free,from the hospital, to enable my late husband to return to them. I'm not sure I hate them, definitely hated the situation my family and I were put in, and trust in ...
Hubby and myself held hands when out. When I see other ' older' couples doing so I get a pang. Not that I resent them, just wish I was still part of that group. He would have hated lockdown, and if he was still in the nursing home, I would be a wreck by now, at not being able to oversee his care. I ...
Just lately, I feel more bereaved than at the beginning. Not all of the time, but in waves. Probably lockdown isn't helping, plans on hold. I've read, and heard that the 2nd year of losing a spouse can be more difficult. The reality hits harder. Not wallowing, and know am better off than lots. Roll ...
I thought long and hard about having the vaccine. I don't even have the flu jab, but now am rethinking that to be honest. I did have the vaccine, because one I felt the responsibility to my family. They had a long drawn out worry and heartbreak about my husband's decline in health. Anything I can po...
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (11.55 KiB) Viewed 82 times
Let's hope these people never go through the trauma
Hello Marisha So sorry for your loss. My lovely husband passed away May 2019 just after his 74th birthday. I too had moments of feeling I hadn't done enough for him. In my heart I'm sure I couldn't have done anymore. People say time is a healer. I'm not convinced of that, but time helps with adjustm...
My late husband's GP didn't notice anything when showing signs of dementia. Even when I wrote to him with concerns. He did a ridiculous memory test, and put it down to tiredness when hubby said it was 1980. Sadly hubby did have Vascular dementia.
Hello Bob Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry about your situation. I have some understanding of how you feel. My late husband suffered strokes then sadly had other issues. I grieved for our life as it was. My life has been about adjusting. Yours must be too. Hope you will stay with the forum as it's a ...
Peter I called my 1st thread start of dementia journey. Looking back, at the attachment Melly sent I can see that the guilt monster made no difference to my husband's decline. Called the second thread end of dementia journey, start of ? I missed my pre dementia soul mate then and still do. Nothing i...
I had a headache for just over 2days. A friend had the same, and her husband had the ,' chills'. The doctor who gave me my vaccine said it's a sign the vaccine can fight.
I expect trying to explain to someone with anxiety etc that the effects are short term is difficult.