To add to Mrs A's wise words, believing she too means that sometimes people are unable to return to their line of work and have to move on.....
Diane. I know you haven't hit your mother. Just to let you know that I truthfully believe that 100& . But are the hospital prepared to send her home to you now she has alleged that. To me she has dug a bigger hole! Safeguarding etc. Please do not be home.
Thinking of you .
Oh dear Diane. Don't be defeated. My husband can be so plausible to the point where an agency staff didn't think he has dementia. Ask for a second opinion and be with them when they do the assessment. You will be surprised. Also you can still refuse to look after her. Hard, but it can be done. Sympa...
Just had a PM from a sergeant Laura US A , suggesting I open the message for her to tell me why!
Needless to say I won't be opening it. Does bother me, that in a vulnerable moment some one may.
My daughter 1 uses ocado. Very pleased with it. The price comparison is better than she thought. The good news though is her hubby has just started working for them after the shock of being made redundant. I'm proud that he was prepared to try any type of work. When he has worked for a certain amoun...
BB shared the wise words with me too. I've now had a few things done that were in a dreadful state, because of hubby's dementia. I still have tons to do, but now I know eventually I will achieve, I don't feel so desperate. I think I started with the coat cupboard, breaking my heart at his coats and ...
Yes, a very emotive topic. My personal decision, because my poor hubby is in the nursing home, as you know, is due to the fact we had discussed it more than once, and he said not to let them do that to him, as he had witnessed it a few times in his line of work. As BB said, it's a subject that needs...
Visit to hubby yesterday was emotional. He was very confused. Even the care staff noticed. Whether it was just one of those days, or whether its another step down? Who knows. I try to stay strong when am with him. Try to rationalize the situation anyway. Not easy, this long goodbye.
That is my understanding too Henrietta. It's in place for Hubby.Due to his job, he saw what happens many times. Elderly and frail have much less chance of coping with the after effects. Very personal choice, to sign for a loved one isn't it. I told my daughter's, didn't ask, as I know it's what hubb...
Irene
How dreadful for you both.
Sending you hugs. (((())))