I definitely don't want my children/ grandchildren worrying about me. They do though. Their behaviour tells me that. Popping in, texting me etc. They have enough pain about hubby's situation. Admittedly makes me feel cared for. Not long ago, at Grandsons 18th birthday get together, one of the neighb...
Hi Holly and welcome to the forum. I have been married for over 50 years.A happy marriage with ups and downs but happy nevertheless. Now my lovely husband is in a nursing home. However I have lots of lovely memories to look back on, especially the very early days. My thought and please forgive me, i...
I wonder if the autism society would be able to help you access the book at a cost price?
11 years ago I was someone I struggle to remember! I THOUGHT life was stressful, working and running the home etc. Not unhappy, just busy. Looking back I suppose I took alot for granted. To me, it's just as well we haven't a crystal ball. The powers that be don't need a crystal ball, do they, knowin...
The assessor being dismissed. No salary no pension and see how they cope with nothing and no help. I could say worse but won't.
Cup a soup for Sunday Lunch!! Disgraceful. Cup a soup to me is a stop gap if I am peckish a couple of hours before my evening food or if I have arrived home in cold weather and it's warming instead of a cup of tea. Is that really all they are capable of, especially as M has every kind of cooking equ...
Mrs A That's reminded me of a conversation I was having with 8yr Grandson on Monday. Talking favourite food. We both agree we don't like peaches because they feel furry in the mouth. He isn't fussy at all, unlike his elder brothers, and his favourite dinner is stew. Sorry to take the conversation aw...
The last time hubby was in hospital, I because overwhelmed. The nurse was extremely kind, was very busy but made me a choir tea, and told me I had every reason to feel overwhelmed. Made me feel worthwhile. Must admit the staff have been caring home and my family.
If I ask something about my husband in the nursing home, one of answers is ' I'm not working on this floor today's ( it a home with 2 floors). I made a point of telling the over manager how infuriating that reply is. Especially from his supposedly named nurse! Now I say, aren't the records up to dat...
Hi Tara Your Nan is delusional, maybe having urinary tract infections. They can mimic dementia. However, sadly your nan could be showing signs of it, and is in need of help for herself. Will it be deemed as safe for her to care for your mom? The care home have a duty to encourage your mom to eat, ev...