I keep getting it too!
You do have to be assertive. It's not easy but it does get easier. Today the I had reason to telephone the gas company. Her opening words were, hello is that MR W.... I am speaking too. I said no it's MRs W... and my husbands name should not be on the system! Apart from it being upsetting it's most ...
Hello Ann. Welcome to the forum. I'm very sad to read your husband was diagnosed at such a young age. It's very hard for you emotionally and physically. Your husband probably doesn't realise he is just sitting there..Time is different in dementia world. Have you admiral nurses in your area? They are...
I hope you can find some peace now. You have been a wonderful daughter in law.
Thinking of you and your husband
Today....I'm not sure?. Hubby greeted me with " oh there you are, I was getting worried about you" Have you had a little wonder round London? So my pacifying reply was given. So far ok. Later on an agency nurse asked him who I was. He said he didn't know. So I told him. When the nurse left I tentati...
I once kicked a carrier bag all round my kitchen when hubby was first diagnosed. Another time I punched his pillow . Felt really angry with him for getting dementia and leaving me! As if it's his fault but anger is part of grief. I was on my own I hasten to add.
I bought a dementia clock for my husband when he 1st went into the nursing home. It helped him loads for quite a while. Sadly it's not so effective now as he has deteriorated. Occasionally he surprise's me on more lucid days and tells me the day and time from it.I don't know if you feel may help but...
Today I have been on a mission. Hubby has looked very unkempt the last couple of days. Slumped in his bed. I understand that residents have the right of choice but best interests must be taken into account. Eventually an agency carer ( male) and a female agency carer gave him a good bed bath and the...
Poor hubby. Bed rest today as the pressure sore is worse. He looked quite frail and didn't want to eat. I feel so sad. Something nice though. I couldn't reach him to give him a kiss, so put one on my hand then on his face. One of the staff was putting his clothes away, and said to him,' you really l...
Hello Jaymarie
Goodness me! Thank you for your post. I feel humbled. Wouldn't get through without the forum to be honest. So many ' pen friends'
I will continue to post.