Hello Sadly, incidents like this can happen in care/ nursing homes. Even in the very best of them. A couple of things have happened in hubby's. He's been there for nearly 3 years, and it's only a very few to my knowledge. Staff turn away for a minute. As long as the staff do everything in their powe...
Hello Robert, welcome to the forum Sometimes, family, can go into denial that their loved one has dementia. As you probably know it's a very heartbreaking emotional thing to accept. Do you have admiral nurses in your area? They helped me when my husband was first diagnosed. Difficult one this, for m...
Hi Chris welcome
My husband too had strokes. I can't help you very much because sadly he has other issues as well.
I do understand it's very hard and emotional to see such a change in the person you love, and my heart goes out to you.
Take care.
BB, you can deprive me any time!!! I'm fed up of happy family Christmas adverts too. Not just for my situation, but for anyone who is struggling. Parents feeling guilty and worried,that they haven't enough money for extras, elderly on their own, which isn't their fault. Today in Sainsbury's, after I...
Hello Hannah Welcome to the forum. So glad you have found us. I won't be very much help to you, for which I am sorry. However, I do know there is fast tracking continuing health care. This is for people who need palliative care. It's really worth mentioning to your dad's GP. What an amazing daughter...
Don't think I will ever watch that care programme. Need a distraction not reminders. I'm feeling extra sensitive at the moment. Am luckier than lots, as I have a supportive family. But still at the moment I could cry at adverts, and all sorts of nonsense. ((((((( Massive hug )))))) to all that need ...
It is very hard. Not all nursing homes smell of urine and poo. My husband's doesn't. Rarely do we get a whiff, and that's only because some poor person has had an accident. Soon sorted. On Monday, the activities lady had some more able residents at a table making Xmas decorations. Hubby isn't able o...
Hugs ((( Clare)))
Glad it was a peaceful passing. Take time to look after yourself now.
Ron
I hope you had the best sleep ever! Glad it's finished with. Such a double edged sword isn't it. Wanting our loved ones to show unpredictably, memory difficulty etc. Horrible to witness, in front of agencies, but so so needed to prove safeguarding, funding is needed.
Hi John Welcome to the forum. I certainly don't feel you should have split from your wife! Love is love after all, even if rose tinted glasses fade. You have a lot to cope with, and Im wondering if you get to do anything just for yourself? My situation is different to yours ( in a way) as my lovely ...