[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I thought this was not a Mrs Thatcher moan thread, and yes I'm no fan of Capitalism but I hate Communism with a passion, having had first hand experience of east Germany in the early eighties. Yes people suffered during the Thatcher years but a dam site more gained and we all have better life's for...
<t>I thought this was not a Mrs Thatcher moan thread, and yes I'm no fan of Capitalism but I hate Communism with a passion, having had first hand experience of east Germany in the early eighties. <br/> Yes people suffered during the Thatcher years but a dam site more gained and we all have better li...
I've just being diagnosed with Osteoarthritis in both shoulders, The last thing the consultant said to me was "Don't lift anything heavy" I just said that's not going to happen!
We lost our house years ago, due to giving up work to look after my wife, Yes we live in a council house now.
I realized that if I'm to look after my wife properly. I would have to give up a lot of things including our house and my Career, and the life style that goes with it.
<t>I receive CA, IS, HB and our poll tax, Add it altogether and I would have to earn at least £6.50 per hour to take home the same amount of Money on a 38 hour week.<br/> <br/> Do I feel hard done by, NO. I feel fortunate that I was born in this country. <br/> <br/> Much better then being in a third...
<t>My wife's chair came via the British legion and a voucher from the NHS, They sent round there own OT to asses my wife's needs and provided the wheelchair best suited to her. We also have free Insurance and servicing.<br/> <br/> Cost was not taking into account, they provided what she needed! <br/...
<t>[quote]I see the tax free mileage rate has been raised to 45p - that'll please the fat cat public sector staff, who rely on it to top up their earnings. Its mostly higher paid staff who can use their own cars for business purposes in this way]<br/> <br/> Don't forget the self employed will benefi...
pixienubbins and Lazydaisy

You have both summed it up perfectly, I don't envy the rich one bit
<t>Looks good on paper, I just find it hard the world press have got it wrong. Not just the press from the UK.<br/> <br/> Looking at the accounts most of the money seems to go to one organisation Called "Roundabout"<br/> Can anyone tell me what it is?<br/> <br/> It does make me laugh, the thread sta...
No thanks, I prefer newspapers that tell the truth. But charities are a form of business with primarily social objectives, and are run by trustees who can derive no benefit from their efforts, thats all. Some are highly commercial in their approach to fundraising and wish to appoint top-notch staff...