[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Jean, I really hope the GP comes up with some ideas, as a nightly lack of sleep, is not sustainable. Unfortunately many relatives are the same as yours. I think only carers understand what caring is really like. It's a shame you don't do Zoom, but you aren't the only one to feel as you do about ...
I'm so lonely. It's been a month now, and I've done well to adjust so far, but there are days when I'm so exhausted and I would give my right arm for a chat with another carer who understands what I'm going through. That mum doesn't sleep, panics and cries and wants the commode anything between ever...
Hi Michael, sorry you're having a bad time of it. My mum has been home for three weeks now after four months in hospital - November to March. I was not allowed to visit even though she was in critical condition with septic arthritis and with that had come severe delirium (previously mum was never ev...
Still very delirious - not sleeping. When she's had very sleepless nights before she's slept from around 5am and through the day, but no sign of tiredness so far today. It's difficult to know what I'm dealing with at this point! I did better last night.
GP prescribed some antibiotics, started tonight so hoping they work fast and mum has a better night. Thanks everyone x
Have you thought about having someone to look after mum during the day so you can get some guaranteed rest? Yes - but let me explain a bit. When mum first came home from the hospital three weeks ago, she was extremely anxious (even that is an understatement, she was screaming and crying when left a...
This sounds like hopeless confusion. I'm afraid that if it can't be resolved, then mum needs to have someone available all the time. Sadly, that means either a move into residential care, or some night staff to get some sleep. Caring is about a BALANCE of needs between caree and carer. You can't go...
Not getting enough sleep is scary. You hardly sleep at night, but you need to go to work during the day. At work you sit like a vegetable, problems begin at work. I had a period when my dad had a nervous breakdown. I was looking for a way out by taking a vacation, started walking with my father dur...
Oh Jean, I see you were posting in the early hours. You poor thing. Sleep deprivation is the worst. Can you get your Mum outside more and into the day light? It's not going to be easy to reset her body clock. Perhaps it would be easier to focus on how you can get more sleep yourself. Would your Mum...
My mum is having some very bad nights. Prior to four months in hospital for septic arthritis followed by covid, mum was always an insomniac and very anxious. I've been supporting her emotionally (and increasingly physically) since dad died in 2016. hSince coming home 3 weeks ago, I've stayed at her ...