[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum -Search
Thanks Susieq, I think I probably could manage, I sometimes use the disabled toilets myself due to an invisible disability but wanted to see if anyone could give me advice, as you have done! I will have to pick the right day when mum isn't too wobbly, but would love to get her to the garden centre i...
I see Owles hasn't been back for a while but wanted to contribute to this discussion - this is exactly what I have found with my mum. Before illness and subsequent disability mum needed me as a friend, and for emotional support, and later on for some heavier tasks around the home and garden. I spent...
Hi all. Mum is still only able to transfer from bed or chair to a commode with a frame and at least one person due to frailty and balance (and poor judgement about her abilities - she feels she can do things that she can't). She's in hospital at the moment following a chest infection and is going to...
Hi Liz, I'm a new full time carer - I've taken a year's sabbatical from work because mum was taken very ill with septic arthritis in November, then caught Covid in hospital. Since then she has gone from the partly independent self-caring 87 year old to being helpless and needing full time care. Her ...
If only mum could feel at peace, could relax, and could remember things that made her smile instead of cry, if only she would stop worrying, didn't feel frustrated by physical limitations, would just enjoy the light and the sun and the air and would sleep without waking in a panic. If only she didn'...
I've never heard about it either, I'm fairly certain Hampshire doesn't have anyone like that. It does seem to be a local thing. I don't want to post the agents I used as it would be advertising, I think? I notice Stockport has a similar service - I don't live in Stockport and didn't use them so I s...
Jean are you able to expand on this ...It may well help others I used an independent agent Hi sunnydisposition, without identifying the actual agent I used I'm not sure I can! They were recommended by the Carer's Hub at my local authority. They provide financial advice, advice on what benefits and ...
Hi Jean I had a carer's assessment before Christmas and it amounted to nothing really. But I did receive a phone call from our social worker last week who's promised to help me out with the house (quite a mess now). A bit of hope there. Although my mum's Alzheimer's disease causes different behavio...
Hi everyone, I'm new here so forgive any mistakes, basically my wife has Epstein Barr virus in her system and it has caused her to develop cfs/ fibromyalgia , anyway coincidental as it may seem ever since she has had the first Coivid jab her condition has worsened ,but i n any case she needs round ...
Hi Jean, I really hope the GP comes up with some ideas, as a nightly lack of sleep, is not sustainable. Unfortunately many relatives are the same as yours. I think only carers understand what caring is really like. It's a shame you don't do Zoom, but you aren't the only one to feel as you do about ...