[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
bowlingbun wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:26 am
Why not take an afternoon off every week to look after you and your things?
I will do that, thank you.
It's not the money - mum would pay in a heartbeat. I am living at mum's house, around the corner from mine. Sorry for any confusion there - mum's house and garden are clean and tidy. Gardening is a form of respite for me - mum has a small low maintenance garden and I am nipping back to mine for an h...
Well, things are so much better than two months ago I feel a bit indulgent having a vent now, but I'm having one of those "I want my life back" moments today. Mum keeps talking all the time - to be fair she always did but I didn't live with her before - when there's no escape a loner like me just qu...
Melly1 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:20 pm
Oh Jean, that’s great. You must be so relieved.

Melly1
Thanks Melly, yes definitely!
bowlingbun wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:02 pm
Lovely to have such a positive post, well done. Fingers crossed that it lasts.
Thanks bowlingbun! Yes, I really hope so.
Well I really hope I'm not speaking too soon but I need to update this. Mum came home last Thursday and although it's not even a week yet she is calm, able to sleep and is very understanding of my need to rest and take breaks away from her so that I don't burn out. She hasn't pressed the call bell o...
Hi Sarah, another option is a sabbatical from work - my employers have given me a year (unpaid of course) but you keep your job security that way and it gives you time to work out what will happen long term. However, with only a couple of months of full time care under my belt, I would say it's all ...
Gosh Jean, you can't keep this level of interaction up! I get like this in the hols when I am with S 24/7, I love him dearly but talking about his special interests, providing reassurance, helping him manage his stress levels, structuring his day and being his main source of entertainment is exhaus...
Melly1 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 3:46 pm
Jean,

https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/shop ... -radar-key

Melly1
Thanks Melly!
Hi Melly, yes - mum is in intermediate care now after hospitalisation for a chest infection. I have had some difficulty getting over just how bad mum is, she also has what the dr at the hospital called a "spike" in delirium quite often but unpredictably, where she is impossible to care for. The dr p...