[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Penny I was on the point of tears reading your heartfelt message and all the replies. It bought back all the emotions I felt when my late mother was going through the very same anguish. I am so glad you have given your mother permission to "leave" The fact that you have said goodbye will help you in...
It is very tricky situation when someone elderly feels they are loosing their independence. I dont think I would call it denial but I saw with my late mother that she was frustrated and did not like what was happening to her. The only way we managed was to make sure everyone in the family was " sing...
Please don't even imagine you have overstepped the mark. What you have said makes complete sense. Yes I have tried to keep things as normal as possible, is that a type of denial? Maybe but MS is more life changing than life threatening so when I see her hiding away from everything and just existing ...
You are certainly not clumsy Jenny and I think you have hit the nail on the head. She hasn't really accepted the diagnosis and maybe I am a bit ahead. The problem with the exaggerating is that I never really know what is happening. It's almost as though she reads about a symptom and the next day she...
Thanks Melly and Jenny I really take on board what you are saying and that article was very well written and informative. I believe knowledge is a good thing and learning about all the drugs and trials is very important. However I think my daughter over researches and over thinks. In fact she probab...
What an amazing story. It is so heartwarming to hear that there are so many good and caring people out there.
I am looking after my 25year old daughter who was recently diagnosed with MS. She has completely isolated herself and has not left the house for 5 months. I have recently found out that she has not been taking her tablets, not following the advice of her physiotherapist and cancelling her appointmen...
It is amazing how caring these paramedics are. We had to call an ambulance out a few weeks ago for my daughter who was really unwell due to the heat. They checked her out thoroughly and although she didn't need to go into hospital they stayed for nearly 2hrs chatting and giving her a pep talk. I was...