[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Marc so sorry to hear you are struggling. Have you contacted anyone at the hospital.? They may have a bereavement officer or. Or perhaps you could speak to the CAB. I was under the impression that the council can arrange a Public Health Funeral which I believe is a cremation rather than burial. You ...
Well I think I am finally reaching my breaking point and realised how manipulative and much stronger my daughter is than I had wanted to admit. I have been making excuses for her saying she is stressed and anxious but this last couple of weeks things have escalated. The local community rehab team ha...
Hi Vince It is very hard isnt it when our parents age and become difficult - but it goes with territory and we will probably eventually be like that as well. As far as the isolation is concerned have you thought of contacting Age UK ? I think that they have a Befriending Service and maybe someone co...
Marc I am so sorry to hear about your Mum passing so suddenly. It must be such a hard time and a shock for you and your brother. Support each other and you will get through this. I am not sure I am giving the right advice about funeral expenses but have you spoken to anyone at the hospital or maybe ...
Hi Susan Don't have real experience in this sort of situation but when my late mother was having similar issues and her GP was proving to be less than useful, we went privately to see a geriatrician . Now I realise that your husband may not be that elderly but this doctor was amazing and sorted thin...
Hi Mandy Do hope you can get to see a doctor who will be prepared to investigate and deal with the issue seriously. It is very frustrating when you are fobbed off. Diazepam is not really the answer. When did these meltdowns start and can you see a pattern or a trigger? If you can keep a diary of eve...
Hi You have received some very good advice here but you are probably unsure of where to start! Maybe just doing something simple like making a list of the pros and cons of starting or deferring your studies ? The problems with your Mum are not going to go away and you being her full time or even par...
Helena so sorry to hear about your loss. It is very hard to watch a loved one deteriorate but you did everything you could and really took great care of him. I am sure he was very proud of you. As Jenny said - the phrase "a merciful release "sounds trite but there is truth in it. So look after yours...
Well after all the great advice I received on this forum, I found the strength to be firmer and also step back a bit. However as Jenny said - be prepared for some sort of "tantrum" and that definitely has happened. I have noticed a pattern in my daughter's behaviour and when there is something plann...
Hi Meggem So sorry to hear what you are going through. You have got a lot of good advice here and it is a great place to vent. Even just writing this can help you release built up stress. Whether you care for someone old or young one of the biggest stressors seems to be guilt - "am I really doing en...