[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Paul This role reversal is difficult isn't it? However as he is socially quite active and reasonably independent to me it sounds as though it is mainly attention seeking. He says he is ill so you rush over and it is quite possible he doesn't even realise he is doing this. After all if he says he ...
Well done Ginnie for making that gigantic step. I don't think you realise amazingly strong you are and how this shines through in your words.
I am sure that now you have left the toxic atmosphere you were living in life will start looking up.

Take care of yourself

Best wishes

Susan
Hi Alex I think you would find counselling for yourself very helpful. I went for a few sessions some months ago as I was struggling looking after my adult daughter . She was diagnosed with MS and was having severe panic attacks and anxiety but kept on cancelling appointments with the psychologist. I...
Hi Tony Have you considered finding a place that uses suction for ear wax. My husband can't have irrigation as the water makes him dizzy . He says the suction method is so much more comfortable. He went to a local audiologist and said he would never have it done at the GP again. Do hope your mother ...
Just a thought Jade, does your Grandma have a solicitor and has she drawn up a will. If yes it might be worth finding out if any changes have been made recently. Also could your grandma stay with your Mum for a couple of weeks? As far as money disappearing is concerned does your uncle have sole cont...
Hi Judy I dont know about the cameras connected to the phone but a friend of mine bought a camera that was fitted in an an air freshener with a memory card. I think it worked on movement . She was worried about the carers coming in and if they were really attending to her mother properly. you didnt ...
Hi Vicky Let me first say it is early days for your daughter , you and your family. I speak from experience as I have a child with MS and know exactly what you are going through. It is a roller coaster of a ride and I cant pretend it has been easy as it is so unpredictable. You will encounter people...
Hi Sara So sorry to hear what you and your daughter are going through. It is bad enough dealing with a physical problem but when it is also MH it gets more worrying. I have a daughter who has MS but also seems to now display behavioualr issues maybe due to depression so I really feel for you. Has an...
Hi Julie So sorry to hear what you and your husband are going through. Although I am not as experienced as some on this forum I can only suggest a few things. Firstly maybe you should contact your GP as I cannot understand how he could have been discharged with no home care organised. You could also...
Thanks Jenny for your advice. I agree that perhaps trying to become immune is a good idea otherwise I get too drawn in. Particularly when I go out and receive a constant stream of texts. I have now decided that I will only reply to the "positive " ones. I am still continuing with the lunch downstair...