[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Cheechee -I know what you mean about support. It makes life far more bearable with helpful family and friends being there for you and not just making what they think are the right "noises" I look after my adult daughter who regrettably has isolated herself from her own friends ! But the amount of pe...
Lovely to hear everything went so well at your mother's funeral. So heartwarming to know she was so loved by many. Now the difficult part - take a deep breathe ,don't panic. The folder has to be somewhere . What with all that has been going on you could easily have moved it and just forgotten. Try a...
Hi Judi you know it is quite "normal" to have those thoughts and you are being honest and brave in voicing them. I remember something that really helped me when my mother was near the end and that was to understand that the body is the residence of the soul so when she did go I felt we were burying ...
Hi Jane Packing my bag and disappearing is something that crosses my mind at least once a day! Judging by what you are coping with it is not at all surprising that you feel that way. Maybe you should convince yourself that it is a natural feeling of self-preservation and not a weakness. Caring for j...
Funny but I had thought about that too. However it would be difficult for her to get to her job from there every morning. We did speak about it a few weeks ago as she gets on well with my daughter as she is 34 and very caring . Her job finishes in about 2 months time so if she finds another nanny jo...
Thanks Jenny and BB for your input. Well she doesn't like the dog in her room so I don't think he would stay up there. He is a big dog ( labrador ) who needs a lot of exercise. I do have a friend who would take him out some days and there is a dog walker who I could give a key to. However something ...
My adult daughter us living with us at the moment as she has had a difficult time with being diagnosed with MS which has affected her walking and balance .She has requested an assessment from SS as she needs help once or twice a day whilst I am away on a short holiday. However she doesn't seem to be...
Hi Christina It is possible that your mother may still have a chest infection or possibly a urine infection particularly if she is dehydrated. Have you queried why they have not called the doctor in to check? I would have thought that would be the first step before looking to move her into a nursing...
Jenny you have hit the nail on the head. I am sure my initial anxiety over her condition fuelled her stress ( although she was always anxious even as a child) so the combination of that and MS is too hard for to handle. You are quite right I am the last person to be able to help as my "helping " is ...
I am on a Facebook page for parents of children with MS in USA, but they mainly are just that - children or teenagers. However they are very supportive and it is good to know one is not alone. As far as talking to therapists - well I think over the past couple of years my daughter has seen at least ...