[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Judi
Still on the Cote D'Azure theme another 2 lovely places to visit are Gorge de Loup and Cap Ferrat (The Rothschild Villa.)
I will be thinking of you and hope you have wonderful time

SS
Hi Judi Interesting that you mentioned - giving permission to go. I really believe in this as I have heard it so often. When my MIL was going downhill rapidly , not eating and hardly drinking - so it was just a matter of days. I remember trying to console my husband a 4 am as he had not slept all ni...
Hi Judi You already sound as though you are moving on which is great . Just say to yourself during low moments. "This will pass". It may probably be 2 steps forward 1 step back but that is completely normal. Think of all the lovely moments you had with your mother - those are with you for ever For a...
Hi Anya Depression and mental health is a very difficult problem to deal with and harder when you are so close to someone. I have a daughter with depression and anxiety and so very often I feel that I am being manipulated. I dont think she even realises what she is doing - it has become the norm for...
Hi Judi I believe possibly that your stress and anxiety have been ramped up for so long that your anxiety "thermostat" is stuck on high ! It is not an easy thing to reduce quickly and the drugs possibly only mask the problem. Meditation helps and particularly breathing exercises. One thing that I ha...
Amanda There really isn't a perfect solution to the problem of caring. I come from a different angle as I am caring for an adult daughter with MS. Through anxiety and depression etc she has become a very different person. Self centred manipulative and appearing to be uncaring. I have been to a couns...
Hi ~Helena Just a thought - if you get on well with your GP and he realises you are under great stress and at risk becoming ill yourself, could he not contact your husband's GP and voice his concerns? This confidentiality thing is really very restrictive, but I think that doctors are so scared of be...
So sorry to hear what you are going through. Cant offer too much advice but I was under the assumption that the Discharge Team at the hospital had to make sure that care and equipment was organised before discharging a patient. The mother of a friend of mine had to stay in hospital for a month longe...
I care for my adult daughter (30) who is living with me at the moment and is having a hard time with her MS symptoms. We have both tried to get an assessment done by our local Social Services and are getting nowhere fast. I have just come off the phone to a very nice lady who has told me that as my ...
On a lighter note and not meaning to be too flippant. I could see myself at a ripe old age just sailing around the world on a non stop cruise. Perhaps the government could refurbish some old liners and turn them into floating care homes. Any takers?