[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
You just have to live in the moment ! A well worn phrase but very true. Yesterday is history and who knows what tomorrow will bring so live in the here and now.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
Hi Helen Everything you have said about your mother's behaviour screams dementia! You really don't need to be medically trained. Your mother sounds so similar to my late mother, fiercely independent and always the one helping others and then hating to rely on assistance. I think the tests they do at...
Hi Butterfly I know how frustrating it is deal with these "jobsworth" departments. Surely your mother either needs a wheelchair or not. What is so,special about the day centre? If the centre closed down tomorrow would they come and whisk the chair away?! My daughter also had similar arguments. She n...
So have I got this right.? If you are the driver and the passenger is the BB holder, they can only use the blue badge for parking if the driver accompanies them and there is no one waiting in the car. If I was waiting outside to collect my daughter I can only display the badge the moment she gets in...
I really don't understand the rules and regulation. My daughter has had her blue badge confiscated a few weeks ago. Her Carer took her shopping as she is not allowed to,drive. She was tired so waited at a cafe for the Carer to bring the car around and as the Carer got to,the car she was stopped by a...
I am reading this with jaw dropping incredulity ! Totally insane, it really is another one of those "The computer says no!" Is it just a matter of box ticking and if there isn't a relevant box to tick the case gets thrown out? What this poor woman has gone through and is going through beggars belief...
Hi Amina It does sound from your posts that you truly love your mother and want to be there for her. But you are young and also have your own life to lead. From the sound of it I am sure your mother would want the best for you. It is quite scary to make that move, the first step is always the hardes...
Thanks Chris for the link. Will read it tonight with a glass of wine in my hand and if I attempt to look at Logan's Run again I think I will be holding the bottle. It is quite obvious that the ageing population is having an enormous effect on the economy , NHS and social care or lack of it. But ever...
I remember a few years ago my elderly aunt was discharged from hospital after having received a pacemaker. She was dropped off at her flat ( warden controlled but not on site) . The hospital did not let any of her relatives or the warden know and she was dumped in an armchair at about 3 pm. The next...
Regrettably once we say yes we are hooked. Many years ago I helped to look after my husband's elderly aunt. She had lost her husband and although she had no children there were plenty of nieces and nephews who kept on praising me for "being" there when all they did was the ocassional phone call. . H...