[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi All - has anyone had any experience of this - where you sell yr (parents) property to a retirement home so you can move in quickly without having to sell yr parents house first - assuming you would take a big hit on the price but much easier in terms of paperwork. Worthwhile ? Thanks - Costa
Thanks for that Elaine. I have POA. Anyone else got any experience of this kind of thing?

Cheers, Costa
Hi - trying to plan in advance for both my parents as they will increasingly need more support. Has anyone set up an "Advance statement" - definition below from https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/download_info.php?fileID=2664 - Advance statements are similar to advance decisions, but are not...
Thanks all for taking the time to reply! Some really useful info from people who have experience of similar situations. Replying to specific points - 1 sibling who would be unable to currently offer much support due to their family circumstances - they are not living in a house I would want to live ...
Hi All, -My parents are in late 70s / early 80s and live 3 hrs away. I work 3 days a week with a supportive wife and cat but no children. -Mum has a degenerative Parkinsons like condition that is manageable at the moment with a bit of support with walking etc but she will require increasingly more s...