[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Why are the council not happy that you get carer's allowance if you are caring for him for 60 hours per week? Carer's allowance is for the person that is doing the "caring" not for the person that is being cared for, so that makes no sense at all?
Enjoy your break, you seem as if you have a lot on your plate at the moment, so I hope that you get a bit of time to yourself x.
Hi,
Do you need to have a guardianship order in place in order to have a carer's assessment in order to access respite?
Thanks x.
Thank you, I have registered my interest in the course.
Seems like a no win situation then Eun, sorry. I have said before that even if I won the lottery tomorrow, things wouldn't really change any for myself or my daughter, funding is not always the answer to everything, sometimes a practical solution is more appropriate. Would you not be able to access ...
I am definitely going to ask about the Continuing healthcare at the meeting I have next week to see if it would be available as a way of accessing more support. The meeting is with her social worker, the day services and her learning disability nurse, so hopefully one of them will be able to give me...
There is (or at least there was when my daughter was younger) something called shared care. I was offered it as respite for my daughter, but never took it. It is where respite is offered within a family setting, so it is not like foster care, where the arrangement is made for eg, once a week overnig...
Thanks Jenny, I don't know why it has taken me this long to join. I live in hope that she will get better, with every drug change I am still optimistic. Though when her Psychiatrist tells you he has never come across anyone like her before and that it is extremely treatment resistant, you do questio...
Eun,
That is ridiculous, how can they justify only giving support for 2 showers per week? You must be entitled to more help than that? He is entitled to a social life as well, does he get support to go out in the community?
Thanks for the replies, but I am not currently considering residential care, I am aware that abuse can happen anywhere, but I do have serious reservations, my daughter has been an in-patient at a "treatment and assessment" unit 3 times over the past 4 years in order to have her medication changed, a...