[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Hello Tracie.<br/> <br/> I can understand why this has been so upsetting for you. I think the lack of visiting would have got under my skin too and I too would probably have said something. If you care then thats how you might well behave. I think you have been very reasonable. In your shoes I wo...
Hello, Karen http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_smile.gif First of all, congratulations on the support you have given your parents and managing to really bring about change. Can't have been easy for you. And its great that you wanted to 'get into' caring work. But its a pity you have become so frus...
Thanks, Anne. Mum seems to have survived the week-end. Today her washing machine has decided to play up. Always something. But she has perked up this afternoon..... I dug out some profiteroles from the chest freezer. They are good for alleviating stress and anxiety. And best taken before meals... I ...
<t>Hello, Nick.<br/> <br/> I'm sorry but I dont know the answer.<br/> <br/> But I wanted to say hello and to say I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Must be hard on you, Nick. Please take care of yourself. I'm sure you are doing the best that you can for your children, but it must be hard and th...
Hello, Maria. Yes, and welcome from me too http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_smile.gif Thank you for telling us about what you have had to cope with over the years. Sorry its been so tough for you. I have no idea how you have got through it all. But I am so glad you have, and that you have done yo...
<t>I try...<br/> <br/> Mum was quite bright and cheerful this week, until Tue evening when the district nurses visited and managed to upset her. At half eleven she was laying in bed and crying. She has been better the past couple of days and trying to help with the veg prep etc. I try so hard to do ...
Not like me to be so quiet.... I am where I need to be.... with mum. How am I ? Well ok but worn out much of the time and having to cut back on a few things. For the moment. Things as stressful as ever, but we keep going somehow. And I shall be back at my place tonight. Always nice to lay my head on...
And its welcome from me too Image

Yes, what a lovely dog.

Good to have you with us. Plenty of Carers here. Plenty of Dog lovers too. What more could you ask for ?

Hope things are ok with you.

Robert
<t>Dave, I dont have a clue as to why you have not been offered any respite. I understand that Social Services may well be under a lot of financial pressure but it is in their interests to support us. I know many carers do not get offered as much care / respite as they would like, and I also know th...
<t>Sounds like you have quite a family there.<br/> <br/> Yes, what you say sounds about right. At the end of the day much of the weight that we carry can often come from ourselves desperately wanting to keep control and do everything just right, whatever. Of course, we carers do take on a lot of res...