[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I'm currently going through my dad's bank statement and pulling out any service providers to contact, including mobile phone companies & TV services etc (sometimes the TV is a lifeline for someone housebound etc.) The Fire Service also register people as vulnerable and can come out to do a check / g...
I don't know if you are still in need of advice on this and I'm very new to the forum & caring but this is actually something I can help with! There are a number of "panic alarm" type companies and they can each offer something different but the basic premise is the same. My Dad has Careline (or mig...
Hi all TL:CR - What do you do when the council supplies 4 visits but you have 5 slots for taking medications that you can't manage alone? My Dad is new to needing care and previously self administered his plethora of medication and his insulin twice daily. Now that he is blind he can't do either of ...
An update on our tech position - Dad has been considered safe to be left overnight (after some disagreement with his current carer who clearly would like to stay on so was / is pushing for live in care). We are awaiting Argenti to come out and do an assessment so that they can replace his current Ca...
Well the assessment seemed to throw up more questions than it answered. They very quickly, despite our best intentions, worked out that Dad would be self funding. But only IF we can find a way to monitor him at night. They would only help us to find an agency, not a private person, & we would have t...
I don't have POA and we're struggling to get an appointment with the solicitor that he knows. I spoke to him before Christmas and he said he'd have a think about how to get something sorted ASAP because a POA is currently taking around 6 months. I've been to Dad's banks and they can't see us for sev...
That looks awesome! Thanks so much - I'll get in contact with them. Even if they say there is something already on the market we'd be over the moon!
The Adult Social Care person is coming out next week to assess him and we've already had input from the Sensory Loss Team who is in touch with the OT. Because he went blind so fast and currently has a temp carer, the main issue was getting him able to communicate / have some joy so we've not got ont...
We're about a week away from my Dad's Needs Assessment and I can't see that we can manage his needs between myself and my unreliable brother. We're struggling to find a way to keep Dad safe overnight without someone being there on site. Even if we manage that, there is still likely to be gaps in his...
We were hoping there was a way he could continue to use his mobility scooter but obviously the issue is that he can't steer it in the right direction now. We've just bought a second hand light weight wheelchair to put in and out of the car and we can only just manage it so I'm not sure we'd be able ...