[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I've got a meeting tomorrow morning to go through his care plan so I'll make sure this is dealt with before we start, as the two things are obviously linked. I need to know if it's reparable damage, why I wasn't told, & how they propose we go forward in either case. When new residents come into the ...
That doesn't sound good and must be very worrying for you. Is she otherwise as well as she was before this? Is she aneamic with the blood loss or does she have any other symptoms that might help you to work out what's going on? It's common for bleeding in that area to slow down overnight, simply bec...
There's also something called fluctuating capacity, which sounds like it might be relevant here. We were advised to record any conversations where decisions were made in a lucid frame, especially ones that might be contradicted in less lucid times. They are supposed to take both extremes into accoun...
After the fall out from yesterday's lunch hall horror, I keep going over and over the different options, and there don't seem to be any. If we move Dad to another care home it might end up being a lot worse. He could also well fall out with the other residents again and anywhere else will likely be ...
Ah yes, the stage whisper! Love it! It definitely seemed more than him being loud and probably shouting 'aye?' every time someone spoke to him. This chap was really cross about something. I really get the feeling that the staff knew about it too. I do wonder how they manage with such a variety of is...
I don't know where else to turn or who to talk to, so I'm afraid you've got me wittering on again. I'm at that "ugly crying, struggling to get my breath" stage and now of course I can't think straight, let alone be succinct! TL/DR - Dad is being ostracised. I've posted before about several issues wi...
Thanks Charles, I'll ask the care home if they have one for him to try. His sight loss makes things extra tricky because we'd have to let him have a feel of the quad part so he can understand that it's really stable but wider than his normal walking stick. We took him for a walk through the care hom...
Hi Charles - I'd be really grateful for any information you find out in the course of your discussions. Dad had another fall last week (at least this one was recorded) and they said it was because he hadn't called for help to go to the loo. *sigh* He hadn't needed help until he went into residential...
He can hardly be bothered to move now unless it's really necessary. I very much doubt that they'll do it because of the risks and the lack of commitment but I have no idea what happens if they don't it. I've no doubt said before that with all his other complications, this was wasn't / isn't life thr...
Hi all, I hope you've had a good Easter. Does anyone have any experience of what happens when a knee needs replacing but the person is probably considered too elderly? I've had a Google and can only find lots of info saying don't leave it too long or it will get worse / recovery slower / recovery mi...