[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Dear Joanna, firstly, welcome. I haven't been on here long myself. I too came here feeling desperate. Like you, I'm 49 and I really am the sole carer for my wife who suffers from multiple, chronic ailments. She's 50 going on 90. I feel the same way as you in that I feel so utterly responsible for ev...
Dear George, the fact that you have joined us here demonstrates that you might be in need of some help yourself.

I have experience myself of similar stuff, and it is far from easy to live with.

We're here to help if we can

Anthony
Dear Michael, mate you sound like a saint. I honestly don't know what to say to you. Needless to say I sincerely do wish you all the best in what you do. Melly is probably right. Taste and smell are powerful ways of evoking the past. Consider perhaps a scented candle or music that might evoke memori...
Dear Virtualcarer,

I don't know where to start. All I can say is that I can well understand the stress you must be under.

I can't give much practical advice.

Try and make more time for yourself.

Don't hesitate to get in touch

Anthony
Lucy_21021 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:21 pm
Hi Anthony,

Welcome to the forum.

Best wishes
Lucy.
Dear Lucy, it is not not without a large sense of gratitude I will take this on board.

thank you for your kind word and advice. Hopefully I can help others too.
kind regards and thanks again
Anthony
Hello Anthony, It sounds like it's all getting too much for you. This is no surprise - no one would be able to do all what you do alone. Have you thought about making an urgent appointment to see your GP and tell him/her what has happened? You sound like a kind and loving husband but it's essential...
I also feel like a fraudster if I just gave up. What kind of a husband would that make me?
Hello, I'm Anthony, aged 49. How have I ended here? Well, I've been the sole carer for my wife for a few years now. She's been suffering from ME/CFS for a long time. I think I should rephrase that. We've BOTH been suffering with ME/CFS for years. Finally, it's really been getting to me. I heard the ...