[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Dear Joan, I was attracted to your post by the title alone. I'm the sole carer for my wife who has had this for about 12/13 years. 90% of how you describe your relationship and life is the same here. 95% of our relationship really is about carer/caree. It's not a 'normal' marriage and hasn't been fo...
Thanks all for the kind words. They REALLY DO MEAN A LOT TO ME. I have taken what you have said on board and going forward will consider it all and see what happens. I know also, that I am not alone in this predicament and would like to take this opportunity to help other in the same boat. thank you...
I've been a carer for my wife who has been bedridden for three or four years now. I am aged 49 myself. She is a shadow of the woman I married. She has slowly, inexorably, become a non-paying live-in lodger. She has ME/CFS. This condition makes normal life impossible. I really am getting to the end o...
Hello Claire, I do know exactly how you feel. I'm 49 and have been caring for my wife for 4+ years Most people on here are carers for elderly parents, who seem to make up 99%+ of the people on here. I make this point as I firmly believe that caring 24/7 for a spouse is a completely different dynamic...
Good luck Steven. I wish you all the best.
Some form of respite for yourself is essential. You're in need of a good break. I know it feels awful and that we're turning our backs on our loved ones, but if you're in a mess it only make it all harder. Trust me, I know.
Nice one, BB.
It is a shame, although a sad fact of life, that dealing with these people really is a lottery. As you say, I've no doubt that such a sudden charge of heart on their part seems like it was brought about by something specific.

All the best, anyway

Anthony
As Bowlingbun rightly says, it confirms what we were probably all thinking and going through anyway. It's just very worthwhile to see things quantified sometimes, and to a degree (as if we needed it) it does validate our feelings. I do reckon though, that the number of participants in the survey is ...
Marie, you simply have TOO MUCH on.
Looks like you probably have for quite some time.
Much easier said than done, I know, but try and find a way in which you do just a little less stuff. As Bowingbun rightly says, try to prioritise things.
Use this forum a people here have lots of good advice.
Well done for standing up for yourself, something that like me, you might not have been very good at.

I wish you well. You've zero reason to feel guilty. You are doing your best.

kind regards
Anthony