[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
My mother is in a nursing home fir a continuing health needs assessment and social care assessment but the care is really not good. Last week I visited (I do a weekly 600 mile round trip to visit) and had a long list of concerns related to medication, feeding, rehabilitation after surgery etc. Today...
Does anybody know how to invoke the fast track option for the continuing health care assessment? I visited my mum yesterday (my weekly 600-mile round trip) and she had declined rapidly and seemed to have lost hope after being discharged from the hospital. She had also had a fall (as far as I can tel...
Hi Melly1 Thanks for your message and yes I have now decided to find my mum a nursing home local to me and even that is challenging as I navigate my way through the NHS continuing care and social care systems. Still, things are moving gradually and she is now out of hospital and going through what t...
Thanks. I will check out the framework but so far I am being told that a placement in Manchester after the assessment period can be made and paid for by the area council my mum is in now. So I am hopeful that things can go smoothly without conflict between the two areas. Thanks for your help.

Liz
My mum has been in a care home for 20 years (who now can't continue care due to the stoma). It seems that the current assessment will be a step up to nursing home. Thankfully she has been in the care of an outstanding hospital (that is their status in the review system) and the NHS continuing care p...
This is a really interesting and useful thread for me. I am currently grappling with the issue of whether to try and work out caring for my mum at home after she has lost her care home of 20 years (her home) and now has a stoma following a urine infection and accident at the care home. My mum is 85,...
Hello, This is my first message here, having only recently found this forum. Care is feeling like a minefield just now. My mother had been in a care home for her safety for 20 years, a really good care home, but a few weeks an accident lead to her having part of her colon removed and a stoma repair....