[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Yes thanks Melly. This is my feeling too.

Liz
Thanks everyone for the fantastic s comments and support. As it happens, today safeguarding was activated and I received a call from the community assessment team saying that they are sending in a nurse to check on my mum’s welfare as and they will remove mum from the home if they find it is not doi...
Hi Melly and thanks for your response. I have complained to the manager several times but the problem remains and my mum is getting weaker. The care plan in my view is a piece of fiction. I saw it for the first time last weekend - it says she can feed herself and that she can walk a couple of steps ...
As I have posted elsewhere my mother is in a short-term nursing home placement for assessment for NHS continuing healthcare and social care. She previously was in an excellent care home. She has now lost her home and gone from being in a sociable setting where she was mobile (up and down stairs, ate...
Thanks Bowlingbun, I will make sure that I ask this question of all the homes I visit.
William, thank you. That is really useful to know. I am already listed in the DOLS application as my mum’s representative so if it opens some possibilities it may be very useful. I had tried already to contact some solicitors (for legal aid around the DOLS) but no responses as yet. I haven’t gone do...
Thanks again. I contacted two homes today but haven’t visited yet. Will wait until I know whether funding is to be CHC or social care. Also spoke to mind legal help line. To be fair everyone is saying mum will be transferred near me but the assessment process is slow and mum needs me visiting more n...
Thanks for this. I will explore it further myself too.
Thanks. It would be nice if it were that simple. Due to her accident she is currently being assessed for CHC and social care. There is a DOLS application submitted by the care home. I don’t know what the rate is for CHC and social care and care homes habe different prices and my mum is immobile so n...
Thanks for your reply Melly. It is really helpful. I don’t have power of attorney but was thinking of applying for court of protection in order to have more of a say in my mum’s care but it is not clear as yet whether she has capacity or not. The care home have applied for a deprivation of liberty s...