[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Yes I think so William and even if a complete assessment is not undertaken I feel reassured that my mother’s needs will be reassessed in some way (perhaps by social services) and that I will be consulted more about her needs. So I am feeling hopeful this evening.
Yes it is but this feels like a small win so a good day.
Thanks Bowlingbun, there clearly is a lot to consider. I am taking it one step at a time but yes I had appreciated the financial impacts of CHC and social care. I have had some success this morning. Apologies sent for not consulting me about the checklist assessment, plus a copy of the assessment re...
Ah OK. I understood that if we get CHC then the full cost of care can be funded whereas if it is social care funded only part may be funded, depending on the personal budget. The social care assessor said he is going to submit an application to a panel for nursing care next week, so maybe that might...
I am not sure what SSD care is but yes my mum is below that threshold.
Hi William, This is very useful indeed and I will use the elements you refer to from the framework to challenge what appeared to be a comment in passing from the community assessment team member and the local council’s social care assessor and yes will also complete my own checklist. Thanks so much ...
Thanks Melly. I made contact with the social worker last week and they said that an assessor had been allocated. I presumed this to be for CHC and social care, but now realise that at that point CHC had been ruled out as the community assessment person told me that my mum was referred to a social ca...
Thanks Bowlingbun. No I haven’t been given anything and only discovered almost by accident that there had been an outcome of the CHC assessment when somebody mentioned in passing that mum’s case had been passed to the council. So yes willl be studying the framework in detail today and responding to ...
Hi again everyone, My latest query is something I feel rather shocked about but an off the mark comment made by somebody in the community assessment team implied that various processes in my mother’s continuing health care and social care assessment had been completed without keeping me informed. On...
Hi Bowlingbun, Thanks for your comments and suggestions. The person actually made this comment about how funding works and placements needed over the phone. He seems very supportive generally but anyway I got his email address and sent an email explaining that what he had suggested (an intermediate ...