[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Yes that is my understanding too, BowlingBun. So far I have emailed the social worker, laying out all of the issues you mention, and the director of adult social care, and the Carers UK advice line. Just about to email Beacon too. I haven't as yet mentioned that they have a duty to consider my needs...
Thanks Melly. I did suspect the funding issues you mention. My understanding is that Kent would have to pay wherever mum goes and so that may well be part of what they are trying to do - protect their finances. However, yes I am about to email the helplines and see what support is available and what...
Hello Melly, It is Kent County Council opposing her move. A lot has happened since the early summer. Partly through my battling with the various people (nursing home and local authority). So it is Kent County Council involved. We already have had one 'best interests meeting' when we agreed to 'watch...
OK Thanks. Will do that. I probably need to wait for the social worker to visit mum next week and sh has said have a best interests meeting but I have asked for mum to visit me at Christmas as well and am reluctant to have things drag on. I will take action this week though if the social worker drag...
After posting here several times in the summer I have finally decided to increase support for my mum who is currently in a nursing home in Kent. She needs me close more frequently than my fortnightly 600 mile trips can allow. Options are having her to live with me or in a care home locally to me whe...
OK thanks Pet. My guess and intuition is that they don’t have one as I don’t think they would have held back in telling me if they do. However, yes I can see that it is important to know for sure so yes I need to hold on for now until I find out. Thank you!
Thanks Melly and Pet for the questions about the DOLS. I don’t think one is in place because I was listed as representative on the application but haven’t heard anything. That was at the beginning of July but my solicitor is finding out about that. However. I don’t think it is in place. How does it ...
Well the saga is ongoing. Not happy with care in Kent. Have found one nice home but not sure what the budget is. Just thinking of bringing her home with me and then starting afresh. Are there any rules or laws that say I can’t? Have found a solicitor who is currently discovering status of DOLS and l...
Hi,

Just wondering if I can just remove my mum from her nursing home? She had started walking and the care home seem to be wanting to limit this. Other issues I am not happy with and she wants to leave. So dignity and standards of care. Just wondering what the options are?
OK thanks for the clarification Pet66. It will actually be the social work assessor who will be doing the capacity assessment, together with the CPN. He did say that he could only complete the form if he finds that my mum lacks capacity but actually the COP3 form asks for an assessment, whatever it ...