[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I know and I get a law firm to send them a very stroppy letter about it, but they still do nothing. My son is 11 years old now and I did some research and found that DOLS can even be applied to children as young as 12. I have reported it to the police and social services and they wont do anything. S...
I am at my wits end with this. I have been screaming and shouting about it for years and years and its actually made me ill. I am having to take therapy just to deal with the distress this has caused me. I am fear of my sons life and no one will do anything to help him. I am shocked to the core abou...
Thanks DAvid. Yes I have spoken to my sons GP and we had a CIN meeting last week, where finally the GP raised a concern about the sleep difficulties. We went round and round in circles on this point with social workers saying that he cant lock him in indefinitely and paediatrician saying she couldnt...
I have done all these things! I have got lawyers on side too. But still they are not listening to me
Hi David I think it is sleep apnea, but my ex keeps lying to services about it. 2 children with my sons condition died from what they think were siezures that caused the apnea and then suffocation. I have seen him sit bolt upright in the middle of a deep sleep and then his eyes are bulging like he i...
Hi Melly - thank you for this. I have been raising this with social services for ages now and they wont do anything. I think what he has is sleep apnea. The syndrome he has causes sleep apnea. But his dad wont let him get tested or monitored for it, so we dont have anything conclusive yet. I have be...
HI I just joined the forum. My son has a very rare syndrome called Xia Gibbs. There are only 200 patients around the world so far diagnosed. We have a facebook community, but sometimes I need help with navigating the care system in the UK and there are only about 10 families in the UK with my sons c...

ASD

My son has recently been diagnosed with a genetic condition that causes learning difficulties and autism. He has a diagnosis of autism as well. He is living with his father as I could not cope with the difficulties and not being able to access support for him. His father has been really abusive towa...
I have a question to ask re "Just Checking". I have a very complicated situation regarding my son who is being locked in his bedroom every night in his fathers home who is then denying my son has any sleep disturbances. Social services became involved and offered to install the "Just Checking" senso...