[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Delily wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:36 am
Hello,
Yes exactly it really does help, it’s a proper lonely place to be
It is a lonely place, all my thoughts are selfish ones! :unsure:
Peter, please don’t feel selfish your not on your own I feel just the same, and yes we are not allowed to grieve no one to open up and totally be honest with, it’s lovely to be able to talk to you all, your all so very strong and experienced at caring, thanks so much for advice I am going to look i...
Peter You are far from selfish! I grieved for my pre stroke/ dementia relationship with my husband. I know relationships change over the years, but not the change you I and many others expect!! Don't beat yourself up about your feelings. You are entitled to them. Can you access the stroke society a...
Hello, Thanks so much for listening and your replies, wow I’ve never thought on the angle of me not being able to do it, can I ask how do you get someone in just to do jobs like gardening and how much does it cost? We have the carer package 2 visits per day, but because I do everything for my partn...
Hi Bowlington, No I get no time off, given my full time job up to look after my husband he can’t do anything for himself apart from eat his food if I cut it up for him. I totally understand you Peter I often feel guilty for feeling like I can’t do this , but then I just kinda get a grip and carry o...
Try to put things into perspective. You have both had a "life changing moment" but are both still here. I won't go into my full life story, but I've had huge challenges. I found my husband had died in his sleep, when he was 58 and I was 54. My youngest son was brain damaged at birth, he's now 41. Y...
Hi Peter, I know exactly how you feel, my husband had a massive stroke last year, I’m now his full time carer, it’s horrible, next to no improvement, I find this forum very helpful keep strong Yes I will keep checking the forum, I am finding it good, I feel guilty all the time and I don't know why,...
Thanks for your replies and advice, it's been 5 Months now although my partner is getting stronger, the hardest part for both of us is knowing she will never be the Woman she was pre stroke, and our relationship is no longer the same! It's gard and each day doesn't seem to get any easier.
I am a new carer for my partner who has recently had a Stroke, after 5 months I am struggling! Our relationship is now strictly a carer patient situation, and I am struggling, my partner is 60, I am 53