[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Do you have a local Stroke Group? Have you both been? Speaking with the group organiser and meeting others might give some inspiration, regenerate understanding and give some sparks of life, hopefully. I am not trained or anything, and I feel really bad about what I am going to say below, but do yo...
I love the sense of humour (sometimes black) that comes through on here. I have been desperate at times but thankfully have found Forum a huge support. Thankfully I have found friends over the last couple of years who no longer care, but have cared for parents in the past so do understand! I care f...
Michele_2010 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 12:35 pm
Thank you 😊
Did you manage to apply for a cerers card?
I am a carer for my now ex Partner but we have been living at same address, in an Housing Association but am now worried how things are going to go now because everything is in my ex partners name, and I am worried that the Housing Association will not allow me to carry on living there, and ifso wha...
Dear Peter, having read your second post, things are much clearer. I'll certainly say that your situation reflects mine. We've been married 15 years and she's been ill with ME/CFS for 14 of those. Did not/could not see that coming. Our marital relationship is one of carer/patient I'd say, more than...
Hi Peter, welcome to the forum. Caring for your ex must present a few challenges? Would you like to tell us a bit more and we should be able to make a few suggestions. What benefits, if any, are you and your ex claiming? Are you living separately, or together? Thanks for messaging back, Benefits wi...
So many Carers like me going through similar problems caring for an ex partner, just wondered how you all manage? Caring now for over 2 years and doesn't get any better! :unsure:
My mum was always saying she could manage without carers but she couldn't. When I had major surgery, she finally realised shouldn't. After a short time, she looked forward to their visits, hearing about what they were doing with their families etc! Maybe it would help you both to have another perso...
Hi Peter, I'm sorry to hear about your Mum. Very traumatic. If you want to talk it through, (I know you said talking doesn't help, but just in case) then here is a link for support for those who have lost someone to Covid https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/social-distancing/bereavem...
Hi Peter, It sounds like life isn't getting any easier for you. What is the situation now regards your Mum, is she still in hospital? What about your wife? Is she letting the care workers do more for her? Have you spoken to your counsellor about how you are feeling? Sorry for all the questions. I h...