[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you. Update.. .
District Nurse said she is dealing with CHC application, but it could take several months?
Will have to call in the Fast Track Card if my father deteriorates. He has rallied for the moment, but
it is all a guessing game which way he will go next.
Thank you bowlingbun and Penny for your kind words of support. I think I wrote this the day after my father returned home and I was in a right state at the further decline in his health. I am pleased to say two weeks on he has rallied a little, although is still confined to the living room with just...
Hi, I am in a bit of a dilemma (again) after my father having lost more mobility and an increase in incontinence issues since his recent hospital stay. (He now has a catheter but needs assistance with this and bowel management.) Before this latest hospital visit he was able to walk 100 yards or so t...
Update.. My father is now home.. after being ready to come home since Friday last week! It has taken seven whole days to get him a suitable care package, only for me to find that I am likely being shafted by SSvcs etc.. I agreed to have my father home on the basis of the six weeks paid for package, ...
Thanks Bowlingbun.. this is what I am having a huge problem with! I received a call from the discharge team this morning, who said Fast Track was on the list, then the Doctor on duty said it was not suitable for him!!???? I feel I am being fobbed off!!! I have confirmed he will be getting the first ...
Many thanks to both of you. Digested and understood. I 'hope' he will have a few months more at least, as he has rallied in past 24hours, but the cancer is spreading fast and is now officially terminal, (on a fast scale, not the 'slow and he will likely pass of something else' type!!! Yes, I am maki...
Feedback please…. My father is back in hospital (sadly) having suffered another major UTI (and sepsis, as well as a chest infection.) However, on speaking to the doctors today for an update, they are ‘preparing for all eventualities’ including a rapid decline if he doesn’t rally in the next 48 hours...
Joanne, thanks for your comments. All duly noted. I am trying to walk a fine line between not being homeless and caring for my father. There are several issues why I am financially dependent on him, mainly that I have been living abroad for the past 20 years and although a born, British Citizen I am...
Thanks Karen, this is worth noting and following up, (although I struggle with his GP to get anything done!!!) He has a full bloods though next week for his PSA etc/Prostate telephone consult, maybe it will be included in that… Out of interest… (as you have been there!) did the drinking increase the...
Sorry to hear you are doing things alone Ian? I am 'lucky' in the fact he has had a regular (once a week) cleaner for past 5 years, otherwise things would have been terrible! (Although he was in denial about his incontinence and it has taken the past three months to get him to go along with even bas...