[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Karen, I now live with my father full time as he is at risk of falls among other things. (He is also no longer capable of managing the house, paying bills, going shopping, personal care etc.. he has a caether etc.) His health has generally declined in the past 12 months and I have just about managed...
Thank yo AJ and SD.. I am trying to address the many complex issues, partly via my father and 'mediation' but also in my own way. (Thankfully after a pre eye op today at local hospital he understands self isolation for 5 days from Covid test... and has told 'friend/carer' to come after op..) ALSO.. ...
Has anyone returned home to look after an elderly parent and found a ‘hanger on’ who has promoted themselves from once a week cleaner to ‘trusted friend’ who now acts as a pushy person who has insinuated themselves and one’s parent thinks they are now ‘family?’ (and Indispensable..) I also have foun...
Thank you SD. For the first time in 5 months I am about to (I hope!) take 2 nights away guilty free!
x
I am sad to say that my father constantly praises his paid helper, who has over the years become a ‘family friend’ to him, and constantly overlooks the input I have into his life. (Eg ‘She saved my life. I owe her a lot’ without recognising that since I arrived four months ago I have moved heaven an...
That is shocking BB!
Hi Helen, You should have been appointed an individual contact on the discharge team, who is supposed to work with you and liaise with Adult Social Services to get the CORRECT CARE PACKAGE in place before your father is returned home. My own father (nearing 90 and repeated hospital admissions) has j...
Hi Linda, as everyone else has said... DO NOT TRUST SSVCS or accept anything less than a 'full package.' Do not agree to look after your bro at anytime. If they do not want to home him in supported living, (which it sounds as though he will qualify for anyway...) think and think again. I just walked...
Sorry for the long post, but I found this on a regional FB page and thought, Oh, I do 90% of that and I am totally UNPAID! I appreciate the work any paid carer does and they deserve at the very least a minimum wage for their caring work, but there are literally thousands of family members who are le...
Just to update others after chatting with Penny... The District Nurses are aware of Fast Track, but say he is not unwell enough and has longer than they initially thought, so we are going down the 'normal CHC route.' Which I have been warned can take months! I am also yet to hear from the senior DN ...