[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
My partner has a bipolar type mental health issue, he has been ill twice during our relationship and I have supported him both times as long as I possibly could. Before I came along, he would always go straight to his mum when he was ill but since meeting me he looks to me for comfort. His mum has ...
Hi new to the forum not good doing this but I will try . About 9 years ago my wife had 2 break downs in 6month. world turn upside down with two you girls to look after . The crises team where help ful the said about making a claim for cares allowance and there would help me with the form .I work so...
Keep persisting and you will get through to them. It could be because of the quarantine. If not then still persist because i am sure there is a good reason for the the weak timely replies.
I heard last September disabled people with a Wheelchair were entitled to an NHS Personal Health Budget. I contacted the local CCG, they passed my details to the relevant Dept; didn't hear anything back. Have since heard the relevant Dept is the CHC Team; who have caused endless problems denying my...
Hi My 94 year old father has been resisting any extra help from outside family. I am the only family member in same town . I feel like the daily phone calls to check on him and twice weekly visits are not enough. It’s stressful to constantly think he may have fallen (he has fallen a few times) and ...
I have had Carers Assessments in the past, which didn't seem to ensure any respect for me being involvement in my Mother's care. Only thing I benefited from was getting a Laptop. Have they been of use to others? Of what I have heard and experienced they are not worth the paper they are written on. ...
I've just been told one of my son's carers had started a new job as a covid19 tester. Is this allowed? I'm not at all happy and think she's putting him at risk. What are the rules for testers? TIA I dont think that should be allowed, its too dangerous because the people that need care are more vuln...
I've come across the below, just wondering if anyone has factored it in Assessments/Appeals? Eligibility for CHC has nothing to do with medical need (per se) it’s all about totality of the need for CARE - Section 6 of the Equality Act defines a disabled person as someone who: (a) . . . has a physic...
I wish you all the best on your decision. It is a tough move to make. The best thing to do and explore your options. All the best for your daughter, with the right treatments she can have a more easier and supportive lifestyle.
My 93 year old Mum complains that she has nothing to do and “just exists”. She’s deaf, and had very poor eyesight. I moved in with her for lockdown so she had help, as I’d spend the weekends with her and would not have been able to during this period. I have been working from home. I have tried to ...