[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
My sister and I have just gain a Court of Protection order to look after our Mother who has Alzheimer's disease. My sister has been my Mother's carer for 2 years and prior to becoming a deputy. She lives in the same town as my Mother and I live 270miles away. Both my sister and I are now not sure i...
Hi, Ive been helping an elderly neighbour who has COPD and is on oxygen 24 hours a day. Im not this gents carer, but Long story short is that we had a powercut last year and his machine cut out. I just saw him by chance outside trying to get someones attention. His oxygen levels had dropped and I c...
I feel so hopeless at the minute :(. My mum needs permanent residential care. I am young and feel guilty that I can no longer look after her at home because her needs are too great/complex. But now what I am most worried about is that I will not be able to place her into an appropriate care home be...
Hi everyone, I’ll try to get to the point. My daughter had an accident in 2016 which has left her tetraplegic. 2 weeks before discharge, MDT and DST while in hospital following positive checklist. Agreed outcome, fully funded as primary health need. Daughter came home, I had to quit my highly paid ...
I suppose you will have to consider putting her in a care home. There must be other options you can explore.
My mum went into emergency respite care last year, the management at home knew my parents would need funding to support my mum’s care. I was told that this would not be a problem and that my dad would get back any over payments. Fast forward nine months, home has refused to accept council offer of ...
We are still self funding atm but my Mother wants to give us generous presents this Christmas as she wont have any savings very soon. How much can she give without it becoming deprivation of assets? It all depends on her choices, and how much she can give without it being a problem. Honestly speaki...
I've been looking into Advocacy Services for some time. The ones commissioned by the local authority haven't proved any helpful, even just communicating with them has been extremely difficult; even though they're a 'free' Service. I'm looked up Independent Advocacy/Social Workers. I know it's a lon...
My mum is 77 and never really ailed anything in her life up to breaking her hip last year. She went on to BP tablets which made her legs swell so the doctor changed them in January this year which included a Diuretic, which in turn sent her sodium levels very low. She spent 2 weeks in hospital with...
was just reading an article that said a quarter of parent carers work 100 hours per week caring. That is equivalent of three jobs! I am sure the figures could be similar for other carers. No wonder we are exhausted, and have neither the time or energy for ourselves. I also notice someone has starte...