[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello all - I've been the main carer for my elderly ma for more than 10 years, and I've been helped greatly by a succession of part-time carers (self-funded), two short visits daily, through the week. Originally we found co-carers by advertising in the professional nursing press, Nursing Times, the...
Hello, I care for my mum and brother but have carers in to hoist mum in the morning g and evening. A very good carer left recently and the replacement is terrible. She was very tough and when I reported her she swore under her breath but I heard her. Spoke to the company ( I don’t complain often) a...
Hi all bit of advice needed I went from school and started care work at 17 after few years stopped to bring up my kids and came back couple months ago now I have service user who has quite bad dementia we have recently found her in bath she went to hospital shes had falls etc but still living alone...
Anybody tried Oakhouse Foods? I've been ordering from Wiltshire Farm Foods for some time now, and fancy a change. Just worried, as the reviews aren't that great. The positive is that they have a base in my town, which I'm hoping I could collect from as I do with Wiltshire Farm Foods, as they are so...
hi everyone ,just a quick question .my mum will not scrub her fingernails anymore ,and she wont let me try to clean them .is there anything we can soak her fingers in to maybe make the job easier .thanks jane . I think you could try antibacterial gels, there are different things you can try, like s...
I'm having issues with places allowing my me to accompany my wife places. I'm her carer and get carers allowance. I need a card to carry for ease. I've tried my local council that issued my wifes disability card but they dont do anything for carers. I've found many other councils that do, but not m...
Hello all. My girl friend is a carer and has been for about 6 years. She works agency and, as things stand, she's on the books of 2 agencies but one of them just doesn't supply enough work (never have) so she's applying now to another one. Problem is, as usual, apparently non of her qualifications ...
Hi please help, I'm new to this and really confused. My mum may need permanent residential care. Before you read on, I'd like to clarify my mum has below the £14,250 in savings and doesn't own a home and has no assets. There is a home I spoke to yesterday that may be good for her. I asked how much ...
I have an urgent matter I need help with. I have been asking for a review of my son's medication for at least 2 years now and have been totally ignored by two consultants and a number of managers. I made a complaint to health which has been ignored. Now my son's G.P. is refusing to issue medication...
Hi I feel really pressured at the minute by social services to care for my mum. I have cared for her 7 years and can't cope anymore. I'm young, I want to live my life. She's in a home at the minute but I get the impression the social worker thinks im going through a bad patch and may care for her a...