[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Also make sure they have done a Power of Attorney for you, then you do your own! Much better to sort these out well in advance. Thank you, bowlingbun, you are very right. I need to get on and sort out POA for my husband and myself. We have sorted out our wills thankfully. It’s on my list of things ...
With regards to your parents, think that your role will be that of supervising any care they need, NOT providing hands on care. Subtle hints about preparing their house for a time when they are less able, a dishwasher, tumble dryer, reducing garden work by flattening borders, having a nice patio to...
Hello Tiger Lily I cannot really add to the advice given. I am caring for a very difficult 81 year old - I am 58 and we have been married nearly 30 years. The age difference does seem to add extra stress and we do seem to be expected to cope with far more!. My husband has just come out of hospital ...
My son now lives in a privately rented flat, parents and brother died a few years ago. I now have time to look after myself better, usually home hairdresser and home beautician, and holidays in the Med. Crete many times, Majorca, Menorca, Malta, Cyprus. I miss my old life though. My apologies, bowl...
My husband and I cared for all four of our parents in various ways, as well as having a son with severe learning difficulties and running our own business. Sadly, my husband died soon after his dad, from a massive heart attack at the age of 58. I'll always believe stress was the main contributing f...
Tigerlily, it's not the good days that are important in terms of an assessment, but the "I just can't cope any more" bad ones, because those are the ones that damage your health most. Have a notebook or file where you write down over a week everything you do, because often we get so used to doing s...
You have rung so many of my bells, Tiger Lily, and I am sure of many other 24/7 carers. We are not leading a life, but an existence and a very abnormal one, to boot . Somehow you must try to inject even a few hours of "normality ' in to each week -- difficult , I know, but as examples, think about ...
Hi Tigerlily, And welcome to the Forum. I hope you find it a good place to offload and chat along. You will find some of us chatting on Roll Call in the members section. Don't be shy, just join in, we were all new once. It must have been a terrible time for you both when your husband was in hospita...
Hello TigerLily. I’m not surprised you’re struggling. Massive changes are going on for you both. It must have been awful for you not to be able to console each other when he was in hospital. I’ve just recently posted again after several years. My husband has Aspergers and is beginning to get forget...
Hello Have you requested a needs assessment or not? Hello, Thank you for your comment. No, I haven’t got that far yet, I’m afraid. Been in a kind of limbo, just getting through each day at a time. I have just started reading up about assessments. It’s a tricky one as some days my husband is a lot b...