[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Have you recorded her crying all day? I did a lot of crying after my husband died, of course, it's hugely draining. Surely she can have some medication to help her? It must be tearing you apart to listen to her, I'm sure you feel like having a good howl too?! I’m sorry, your husband’s death must ha...
Karen I think its a common thing for professionals to suggest a parenting course...happened to me too. I refused to go. One of my sons was diagnosed with autism and one a learning disability. I challenge any parent of a neurological child/young adult to deal with what we have to! The exhaustion and...
I was also labeled a bad mother for years, despite my eldest son being well spoken and perfectly behaved. I've had 41 years of battles, it's ruined my health and my husband died of a heart attack, and still the struggle continues. It's a really lonely life. I’m so sorry, truly. I understand what it...
I would buy a caravan Porta Potti and put it in her room for her. She cannot be allowed to carry on like this in your home. Long term she is going to have to manage to live without you. I'm dismayed that she went all through school without diagnosis. If only it was that simple, has to be the right ...
I would get really angry at anyone waking me up at 3am unless something drastic happened. It's your bathroom, why don't you lock the door and stay there as long as you want? If she doesn't like it tell her to go back to her flat. It's time for her to learn to be an adult. My son is brain damaged, c...
You’ve obviously had / have a really difficult time, I’m sorry, must be extremely hard on you. Yes, a no-win situation. There is just me. I have a sibling who lives abroad, so not much help. Dad gave up driving 11 years ago, so took him & mam to every appointment, shopping etc. Mam died last August,...
My daughter is still here as, at the moment, she is mentally & physically unable to look after herself, (she has physical problems too, though not disabled because of them). If I send her back to her flat without care & support that she is ‘happy’ with, she will only come back here & demand to be le...
Karen, The whole incident sounds very frightening. For your own peace of mind you need to have check at the GP. I don't know what the repercussions would be for your daughter. Are you worried the GP might report her to the police? Have you told your daughter and her support worker that she needs to...
I feel your frustration, been through it all with my daughter. They basically say that unless she’s made a serious attempt at suicide there’s nothing they can do. When she was living alone, a friend of hers contacted me to say she was really worried that my daughter was going to do something. I cont...
Hi, hope all are ok Dilemma, my daughter was v upset & angry the other night, I was sitting at kitchen table when she came through & was talking in a v agitated manner. Eventually she tried to grab something from my hand. I tried to stop her by putting my other arm up & across me. Anyway, she ended ...