[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
My Aunt's Care Manager, who said she would call me back yesterday isn't available today. I asked to speak to the Duty Manager who tells me, via admin, that she has emailed the Care Manager and that I'll hear from her today. When I pointed out that she isn't available today, I was met with a silence....
Thanks for responding BowlingBun. March. No. I'll try, but her HomeCare manager says it's not their responsibility as hospital discharged her. Hospital says it's not their responsibility as she's under Community Care. The Community Mental Health Team say it's a medical issue. The hospital say it's a...
I live in England but am in Scotland caring for my Aunt. She's 90 and was discharged too early from hospital after neurosurgery; she has issues with mobility, hip pain, cognitive deficit and delirium. My husband and adult son share the care, but we need to take my son home to see his ophthalmic cons...
My Nan asked me if my mum had died. She did a few years back. It’s like she isn’t sure if she still alive or not. Yes, she does sound confused, Luke. She may repeat the question if she forgets your answer. On a positive note, she was able to check with you and she obviously trusts you to tell her t...
Yes, it'll be easier once you've switched from a bank book to a card. Then you can bank online and use a banking app.

How are things?
It makes sense that you want to go down the route of the memory clinic. Hopefully they'll open up in the next few weeks or so. But Social Services can also get involved at any point if you feel she's not safe when you're not there. SS would present it to your Nan as a decision based on their risk as...
Luke, your nan's behaviours sound similar to my aunt's. Like you, we're waiting for the clinics to open up so she can have an assessment at the memory clinic. About six months ago, we were asked to provide a little medicine safe for her tablets. She was getting confused and was taking tablets even t...
Hi Andrea, I care for my son Tom who's 29. And 2 older family members. My son has arthritis, a rare eye disease and has autism. He lived in halls of residence for a while when he was at university, then in a flat nearby for a couple of years. He's in the process of sorting out Supported Housing loca...
I feel for you, having been in a similar situation with my father. You sound like a very kind and empathic person. What would happen if you stopped appeasing? Sometimes we feel we're being rude when we put boundaries in place, especially with a parent. But it wouldn't be unreasonable of you to be re...
Thanks Cloudygal. I agree about putting my son's needs first. One of the reasons we need to go home for a time is to help him with a housing issue. I've heard today that the Scottish government is testing all care home residents and staff as a way of identifying 'silent carriers". I think finding re...