He won't do that either, even though he enjoyed his stay in care home rehab and we think he just wants to be waited on hand and foot. We've formally withdrawn care support for him. His options will run out fairly soon now his mobility has started to drop off. Even then, social services will want to ...
It all focuses around capacity. He doesn't need personal care and social services don't get involved in anything like a home help. He's expected to put things in place for himself - he has been provided with details of people who can support him with this. His problem is initiating the contact and c...
I know it, Mom has the constitution of a herd of oxen. Her capacity is long gone and she is bedbound but she just keeps on going. It's hard to watch because I know this is her greatest fear after she had her own mother go through exactly the same thing. Well, our clutter is at the low end I'm mostly...
Hello KMM, My Mom has Parkinson's, diagnosed 2015, although we do think she has probably had symptoms for decades prior - once you know the diagnosis it explains a lot. She fell in 2013, fracturing her hip, most likely due to her Parkinson's. She had one of the classic symptoms of foot frozen to the...
Thanks Both for your replies :) I understand the dutiful little girl thing. That's what my parents play on. My Dad once screamed at me "I WANT MY FAMILY TO DO IT!!!" My Mom, big on shame and guilt. I just started counselling. I'm divorced, I've been here before with that, very familiar with it. I ha...
Hello Faye, I'm new to the forum. So sorry that you had to hear all of that and from a person who cares professionally. My first thought was, the carer doesn't need the money. My second thought was, all those things you do for your Dad, what does the carer do? A token of your appreciation is £40 in ...
Hello All, Like many of us, I suspect, thrown into caring out of nowhere. I've spent quite a bit of time reading many posts, so many things match with my experience. It's both reassuring and frightening and I still have to come to terms with my situation. Two words I have seen which hit home so much...