[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Cloudygal Here is the link to the grant information page on our website, on it, there is a link for Turn 2 Us which is a grants-finding organisation: https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/financial-support/help-with-household-finances/grants It might also be worth checking through our latest b...
Hi im going to start claiming carer’s allowance, my grandma is 79 and is on state pension and PIP, my biggest concern is will her benefits be affected if i claim carer’s allowance, Thankyou Hi Samm Have a look through our benefits page here: https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/financial-suppor...
Hello Aiste Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about your troubles. You don't say whether this is usual behaviour for your partner or whether it is a recent development. I understand that the current environment can be especially challenging and stressful for people with the conditions you mentione...
Hi Lea, welcome to the forum I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time right now, it sounds very challenging for you It's very important that you look after your own health so that you're best placed to care for your Dad. I would suggest looking through our help and advice pages here: https://ww...
Hello George Here is the response from our Advice line team: Dear George, Thank you for your message. Usually, when you end a contract with an agency, there is a clause in the contract which states something along the lines of when the service user ends the contract, they would need to give one week...
Hello Mark Welcome to the forum - sounds like you've got a wealth of caring experience to share here. I also have an independently spirited family member so can relate to that worry. Do have a look round our help and advice pages and make sure you're getting all the support you can. Our Facebook gro...
Hello Chloe I'm so sorry to hear about your situation, it sounds very stressful. I see that sunnydisposition has posted a link to your local support groups and services, it's definitely a good idea to contact them and find some peer and practical support for yourself at this time. Best wishes Jane
Hello George

I've submitted your question to our advice team and will post their response on here when they get back to me

Best wishes

Jane
That’s what I expected to hear but as yet nothing Hi Susan I put your query to our advice line and received the following response: The DWP will stop your Carer's Allowance as soon as you start getting your state pension. There will be a electronic notification and they should send you a letter let...
Hi Emma, welcome to the forum. It sounds like you're quite new to caring but it's important to remember you're not alone! Having the rest of the family at home unexpectedly can cause extra strain. I'm sure there are lots of forum members in a similar situation who will be along to offer support. Mea...