[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Mine is just as bad, you’re not alone. I learnt from this forum that you don’t have to be the carer, although you may choose to manage the care. I have been trying this for a while, I see my mum once a week, speak to her every morning. She has been told that she needs to consider some home help (she...
Mum has Mild Cognitive Impairment diagnosed earlier this year and she is continuing to decline, she is 83 and lives alone. She is quite anti-social and would happily never leave the house again (has no outside space at all) although I do get her into the car with difficulty every couple of weeks for...
Thank you bowlingbun, that’s a good simple approach.
Mum took out LPOA on my fathers death but it has on,y recently come to light that she only did the finance part.

I assume that it is best to have both, but what benefit is Health to her please? I will need to explain it in a simple, common sense way.
Hi Michael, thank you very much for replying. It’s only occurred to me today that possibly no one will tell me when the appraisal will be, as I only have poa for finance and not health and mum may conveniently forget to tell me. I won’t have any problem dealing with the team.
I could have written this! It’s a tough position to be in - I too am limiting what I do as I won’t be carer to my mum. I had an appt with Mum’s GP last summer and she asked me to keep a diary/list of anything out of the ordinary. I complete this nearly every time I see mum and have emailed it to the...
Oh my goodness I am sorry for your troubles. I am sure those who have much more experience than I do will be along here soon to offer help. Re your brother - he has assaulted you in your own home. Fighting and hurting people is not acceptable, what if he attacked your mum, would she just accept it? ...
Thank you sunnydisposition (great name!), I have looked at your links but she is having a community mental health assessment so a bit different - do you have any experience of that?
I am struggling with my mum - we don’t particularly get in, I am an only child, she is widowed. She has only been out of her house for Dr and hospital appts in the last year, and has no outside space. I visit her three times a week and I don’t enjoy it, it is duty. Due to an ongoing issue regarding ...
How are you getting on Rhian? Hopefully someone has supplied some help to your mum and not just discharged her!