[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Chris From The Gulag wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:28 pm
Your welcome.

A pair of reading glasses in that Xmas stocking ?

And ... stay off that bottle of urine coloured Scotch water ?
Yes to both :lol: :lol:
Thanks you so much everyone I'm overwhelmed by the amount of helpful advice. Lots to look at. The social worker also said the only care company the she could find that can manage attending at my mums meditation times, have said the minimum they can do if they are to take it on is one hour per visit....
George, the social worker is telling you porkies!! Mum must have a Needs Assessment and a Financial Assessment before they charge her anything at all. If the only suitable care company they can find charges more, THEY have to make sure that the Personal Budget they have assessed mum as needing is s...
Thanks guys, for your replies and advice. Really helpful and i will take up your suggestons. There has been no increase or decrease in my mothers income and her needs have not changed at all, the care company have just ducked out with very little warning which I'm shocked at. The social worker says ...
Hi folks, my mother has received daily visits at home from a local care company for the past 5 years. More recently, we became increasingly annoyed at the way in which they handled things including not being there at the correct times to give my mother her medication. I had also recently began to sh...
Sorry, don't understand your message:)
Hi Chris, yeah that's the one.
I am a carer for my mother who has Parkinson's and recently I tried to find out about any financial help available and the only thing I found was a £300 carer grant and my local carer centre was applying for it for me. It was over 8 weeks ago she applied, and told me the grant can be used for anythi...
Hi Chris, Many thanks for your reply. I did think it was a bit if a shot in the wind, hoping maybe there was some kind of help available that I didn't know about. It's really unfortunate, but I appreciate you highlighting those points for me as I'm beginning to understand now that being a carer on i...
Hello everyone. My mother has Parkinson's and 5 years ago, her doctor prescribed her the wrong medication and her health diminished significantly, which also led to her developing severe panick attacks which last several hours at a time. Immediately after this event, my caring duties increased signi...