[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I thought I'd start a separate post for this, because we have to do something loud and fast to ensure those that are reliant upon the delivery of groceries/supplies/medicines are treated as priorities. The UK government have created a register for people who are "highly vulnerable" to the virus, but...
May I suggest everyone share their concerns about getting a second register created with people "at an increased risk" with the government via their contact page? https://contactus.dhsc.gov.uk/ It would be great if we could get two registers happening, the current one with those at extremely high r...
In order to get some deliveries that are essential to my career and other disabled family members, I've been advised to register on the governments new list for "extremely vulnerable people". Trouble is all the conditions listed, while obviously serious, are not applicable to my career, and aren't a...
We must act now, as this is being bought into law tomorrow afternoon! This is very worrying, and if it's true, a new bill being rushed through will allow local authorities to seemingly wash their hands of providing care for those who need it. I think we all need to act and contact our MP's at once. ...
Hi all, Something bad is on the cards, and as a carer I will be unable to care for maybe as long as month. The person I care for does not want other people in their home because they have had horrible experiences with care staff stealing and such. The only option seems to be an emergency respite in ...
I don't know how it works with the Ombudsman element, and how they want you to go through all the complaints procedure before getting them involved, BUT I was told not to bother with the council complaints procedure at all, and just write straight to the monitoring officer. Apparently they're more l...
I may be wrong, but maybe the police can access the call where talk of money as well as the dreadful call can be tracked? AJ, any thoughts? As far as I'm aware, they can't access actual recordings of telephone calls that happened prior to police involvement, simply because once a call is ended that...
Faye, this is awful! I feel terrible for you, my mother experienced something very similar with her father as he was very easily "lead" into joining in bitching about other members of the family. But others are right - as much as it hurts - you should be mad about this, but don't act immediately. Ta...
Just curious if anyone knows (not sure it's clarified in any of the guidance ) how long it should take for a social worker to complete an annual review of someone's direct payments? Is anyone experiencing delays in their reviews being completed? How long have you had to wait for the process to be co...
Does anyone know if Scotland have to abide by the Care Act? Because I'm seeing more and more reports like this https://www.glasgowsouthandeastwoodextra.co.uk/news/people/thousands-back-east-renfrewshire-family-s-bid-to-get-care-reinstated-for-severely-disabled-woman-1-5012488 where their local gover...