[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I'll have a read of that a report. The sad thing for me is that the care she is getting is like the curate's egg - good in parts. I'm told she is eating better but I have my doubts. While I'm there the food is plonked and left. I'm not sure if they just leave me to it or what but there never seems m...
I did speak to the Patient Advice and Liaison team and the ward sister responded. They have put a sign over Mum's bed that she will need packets of food etc to be opened which is great although it seems like common sense to me when you have a frail patient with only one fully functioning hand. It is...
I discussed it with my 'ghost sister' and I decided that I will go to PALS in hopes of getting some answers. (Of course the ghost sister was quite happy to leave that to me as per!)

Fortunately I do work at the hospital and I know our PALS staff are great so it might lead to some improvement.
I'm really grateful for everyone's advice and help. I am trying to keep optimistic although it's hard to watch her decline so rapidly.

We'll keep our fingers crossed that she improves as time goes on.
We are doing our best. I was also worried about a filthy black bruise she had developed on her arm. She managed to break her shoulder as well as her hip so I wouldn't have been surprised to see some bruising but this is almost her entire arm and it definitely wasn't there yesterday because I helped ...
I'm quite disturbed by some of the goings on with my mother in hospital. Following her surgery they had a catheter in which made sense - she's had a hip replacement. I was pleased today to notice that the catheter had gone so I thought progress had been made but my sister told me that mum said she'd...
Is there anywhere a template spreadsheet or something to advise on keeping records of funds spent while acting as power of attorney? I understand about keeping receipts for everything but is there any advice on the best way of proving a money trail?
My mum had her diagnosis in December. It wasn't a total surprise to us although she protested vigorously which we encouraged on the basis that she might as well go down fighting. It's horrible! My mum was always a sharp cookie, very particular but she's slowly declined with a sudden catastrophic plu...
I think what I find so distressing is that last Friday morning, I dropped of my cat - Mum always looked after him - and she was spry and bright. I would NEVER have left her otherwise. Mum sometimes would call a duck a spade, sometimes put things in the wrong cupboard and forget where it was. She cou...
That's what they told me. So much more difficult when she's only got one arm to support herself. She gets tired very quickly and then starts rambling a bit. It's too sad to witness especially considering just a few days ago she had a few difficulties but was more than capable of doing for herself. I...