[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Oh goody, the Ghost Sister rides again! She rang me tonight, blethering on. The nurse at the hospital told her Mum was eating well - she is when someone's there coaxing her to eat - but according to GS they've put a sign over her bed saying she needs help. Well that's all right then. Of course when ...
I'm really grateful for your support. It's sadly reassuring that others have been and are going through the same thing. They won't get their hands on Mum's money. Every penny belongs to her and is for her care, I'm focused on that. I've already made a point of telling her that she will need to provi...
I'll have to be careful to avoid wandering into a full on rant. How do I protect Mum from my Ghost Sister [GS]? GS's 3 sons are largely the reason Mum didn't want her on the POA. The youngest is a real shyster. He hasn't seen Mum for 5 years, didn't bother to invite her to his wedding, didn't invite...
Thank you for your advice.

I have already started keeping receipts and writing on the back of them - not that I've had to do it much. Most of her bills are paid direct debit thank goodness so that continues as is. I want to be 'whiter than white' to safeguard myself as much as Mum.
I'll have a read of that a report. The sad thing for me is that the care she is getting is like the curate's egg - good in parts. I'm told she is eating better but I have my doubts. While I'm there the food is plonked and left. I'm not sure if they just leave me to it or what but there never seems m...
I did speak to the Patient Advice and Liaison team and the ward sister responded. They have put a sign over Mum's bed that she will need packets of food etc to be opened which is great although it seems like common sense to me when you have a frail patient with only one fully functioning hand. It is...
I discussed it with my 'ghost sister' and I decided that I will go to PALS in hopes of getting some answers. (Of course the ghost sister was quite happy to leave that to me as per!)

Fortunately I do work at the hospital and I know our PALS staff are great so it might lead to some improvement.
I'm really grateful for everyone's advice and help. I am trying to keep optimistic although it's hard to watch her decline so rapidly.

We'll keep our fingers crossed that she improves as time goes on.
We are doing our best. I was also worried about a filthy black bruise she had developed on her arm. She managed to break her shoulder as well as her hip so I wouldn't have been surprised to see some bruising but this is almost her entire arm and it definitely wasn't there yesterday because I helped ...
I'm quite disturbed by some of the goings on with my mother in hospital. Following her surgery they had a catheter in which made sense - she's had a hip replacement. I was pleased today to notice that the catheter had gone so I thought progress had been made but my sister told me that mum said she'd...