Thank you for your advice.

I have already started keeping receipts and writing on the back of them - not that I've had to do it much. Most of her bills are paid direct debit thank goodness so that continues as is. I want to be 'whiter than white' to safeguard myself as much as Mum.
I'll have a read of that a report. The sad thing for me is that the care she is getting is like the curate's egg - good in parts. I'm told she is eating better but I have my doubts. While I'm there the food is plonked and left. I'm not sure if they just leave me to it or what but there never seems m...
I did speak to the Patient Advice and Liaison team and the ward sister responded. They have put a sign over Mum's bed that she will need packets of food etc to be opened which is great although it seems like common sense to me when you have a frail patient with only one fully functioning hand. It is...
I discussed it with my 'ghost sister' and I decided that I will go to PALS in hopes of getting some answers. (Of course the ghost sister was quite happy to leave that to me as per!)

Fortunately I do work at the hospital and I know our PALS staff are great so it might lead to some improvement.
I'm really grateful for everyone's advice and help. I am trying to keep optimistic although it's hard to watch her decline so rapidly.

We'll keep our fingers crossed that she improves as time goes on.
We are doing our best. I was also worried about a filthy black bruise she had developed on her arm. She managed to break her shoulder as well as her hip so I wouldn't have been surprised to see some bruising but this is almost her entire arm and it definitely wasn't there yesterday because I helped ...
I'm quite disturbed by some of the goings on with my mother in hospital. Following her surgery they had a catheter in which made sense - she's had a hip replacement. I was pleased today to notice that the catheter had gone so I thought progress had been made but my sister told me that mum said she'd...
Is there anywhere a template spreadsheet or something to advise on keeping records of funds spent while acting as power of attorney? I understand about keeping receipts for everything but is there any advice on the best way of proving a money trail?
My mum had her diagnosis in December. It wasn't a total surprise to us although she protested vigorously which we encouraged on the basis that she might as well go down fighting. It's horrible! My mum was always a sharp cookie, very particular but she's slowly declined with a sudden catastrophic plu...
I think what I find so distressing is that last Friday morning, I dropped of my cat - Mum always looked after him - and she was spry and bright. I would NEVER have left her otherwise. Mum sometimes would call a duck a spade, sometimes put things in the wrong cupboard and forget where it was. She cou...