[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Mum was moved from the hospital to an 'intermediate care' facility having broken hip and shoulder. I'm not sure what the benefit of this because she doesn't seem to be making any progress at all. Even before she moved to this place she complained of a headache [she banged her head AGAIN during the f...
Nikki Why do spend so much time and energy in your waste of space sister? Put answer phone on, block her calls and let go of any ideas of her helping. You are the important one, sort help for you and for Mum as your priority. Your reward will come. Karma rules. Xx MrsA P.S. my sis is known as the P...
Thanks Pet, I do realise this, it is more complicated as my Sisters debt is against our home. An agreement we all made in good faith when my Dad was still alive, my sister personally promised me nothing could go wrong, insurance bleh etc.. Stupid move by me and poor Mum had no choice due to Dads PO...
NEVER EVER rely on anything she says! Then you will never be disappointed. You aren't wrong there. I struggle as it is with working, Mum and the animals. I'm in and out like a fiddler's elbow and she does damn all. Sadly I'm not even surprised anymore, just disappointed. After our phone row she tex...
The other shoe has just dropped. My blasted GS just rang me to tell me she and her partner were naffing off. They must have known for a few days that they were still going which is bad enough but that they left it so late to tell me. God knows what we would have done if Mum had been home already. I ...
I think the important question to ask your family, GS in particular. If Mum does come home, how much time are they going to spend with her, will the Sister be taking her on day trips and the money thralled Grandson the same. Or will they all just disappear leaving you with the burden, until Mum nex...
95 eh? Mum's starting to recover a bit of herself and although she isn't back to normal it's closer than we have been. We don't know when she'll be coming out though. They are finding it hard to get her to mobilise and she is impossibly fidgetty. She always was though. That's nothing new.
Oh goody, the Ghost Sister rides again! She rang me tonight, blethering on. The nurse at the hospital told her Mum was eating well - she is when someone's there coaxing her to eat - but according to GS they've put a sign over her bed saying she needs help. Well that's all right then. Of course when ...
I'm really grateful for your support. It's sadly reassuring that others have been and are going through the same thing. They won't get their hands on Mum's money. Every penny belongs to her and is for her care, I'm focused on that. I've already made a point of telling her that she will need to provi...
I'll have to be careful to avoid wandering into a full on rant. How do I protect Mum from my Ghost Sister [GS]? GS's 3 sons are largely the reason Mum didn't want her on the POA. The youngest is a real shyster. He hasn't seen Mum for 5 years, didn't bother to invite her to his wedding, didn't invite...