[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Another tack might be for Mum to go out before you take him so he knows shes not at home, and for her not to be there when he first gets back. Make up some excuse for where she has to be on a Monday as it sounds like he thinks home is a good place where Mum is, so he has to realise that she isnt th...
It's worth pursuing! Even if you say they are expecting you and will be so disappointed if you don't go. Hi Pet66 Thanks for response. Yes I agree it as got to be pursued. It's taken a long time to get a foot in the door and Mum is at the end of her tether frequently. I don't need to go into detail...
it sounds very positive for a first visit and you handled it brilliantly. Will he remember going and his response, come Monday? Melly1 Hi There Thanks for the support. TBH It stressed me somewhat and very much so this Monday as Dad will most likley not play ball. Agreed if he does not remember it w...
Update. Well. The family and I all thought it would be a bad move to ask Dad along to the centre as he would have point blank refused. Mum has taken Dad somewhere once before not like this place but it just didnt end well. So I called over to Mum & Dads on Monday morning, did some chores and had a c...
Hi Sally thatnks for your reply. "WE want you to stay at home but unless Mum gets a break you, she wont' be able to care for you any longer " That seems to make perfect sense to me and he may take that at some point. Like your situation he would still not be happy :-(

Gary
Hi M Thanks for your reply "caree is going to help "train up/teach" potential care workers" I would not have thought about that angle before. Your description of leaving Dad there is how I had envisaged it going "Hopefully". You have given me some confidence that I am thinking along the write lines....
Hi All. I am new so forgive me if I posted in the wrong section. My Dad suffers from Parkinson and Dementia. His Parkinson symptoms have been very slow in progression but his Dementia as become worse much quicker. My Mum is the full time carer and is totally exhausted, as been for a long time. She h...